They Meet

Shravan was pretty confused at the thought of that girl he met for the first time in life or not. He thought. He could not get over the fact that her eyes were trying to convey something. Her bubbly attitude was a cover up only.

Why do I feel I've met her before? Why does her eyes beg me to do something? What am I missing? Pihu Arora, I've never heard this name before then why does it feel like we share something. Do I like her? No it can't be. My heart is only for my Sumo.

Shravan was lying on his bed lost in thoughts when a knock came on his door. Mohan asked him to join everyone on dining table for lunch. He got up and went in the attached bathroom and freshen up. He gave himself a prep talk to get irrelevant thoughts out of his mind. And focus on the case he came for.

"Pihu?" Suman asked for her when she was getting the food into casseroles.

"Yes Bhabhi?" She turned to look at a very anxious Suman. Pihu was confused at her Bhabhi's behavior since the time she heard his name. Why is she being so stressed instead it should be me. On that note if I consider the way he was looking at me did he recognize me? No no way if he had he would not keep silent. But still I've to be careful around him and I still need a confirmation if he is "Chashmish" or not. Though his eyes gave it away still.

"You saw that guest. Who is he? Why is he here? Do you know him? How does he look like?" Suman asked her with all her hopes for him not to be who she was thinking of.

"Why are you so stressed Bhabhi? And no I don't know him but dad does. He called him here for your case. He is here to help."

"He is a lawyer?"

"Yes Bhabhi and anyway you'll meet him at lunch table. And relax. Breathe. You look so constricted"

"Yeah" Suman said dismissing her while she thought.

How do I relax when that name keeps on revolving in my head? Its been ten years I would see him and I dread each and every nearing moment. My last hope is he would not recognize me. He went to London right? He wouldn't know how I look now. After so many years why are you back in my life. If it is you. And the biggest question how would I know its him. Even I haven't seen him in these years. Oh right his habits. His round Harry Potter like glasses, his nerdy attitude and his love for video games. Those are the things I'm sure would never change.

Suman, Pihu and Mohan set the table while one by one everyone piles in. Amaya on shoulder of her Chachu and Lalit with Shravan. Rajat and Shravan shake hands at table and Lalit introduced them.

Everyone settled on the table when Suman enters with a bowl of Caramel custard for Amaya. She comes in front and her eyes meet with Shravan's, and that very moment she knew its him. She quickly breaks the line of sight and settled beside Amaya. Lalit introduced Them.

"Shravan, this is my daughter in law Suman Arora and Suman this is my friend's brilliant lawyer son Shravan Malhotra. He will help you in your case. And I'm sure he will win."

Suman. Why does it have to be her name? Stay calm Shravan its just a name. She is another lady with the same name. And plus your Sumo did not have such eyes. Relax. And what did Uncle say, winning the case. First I'll have to ensure that this lady is not the real culprit then only I would take up the case. Shravan Malhotra abides by his principle always.

"I would first like to study the case before taking it up. You know ... to verify. I hope you don't mind."

And Suman lost her appetite. Does he know? How?

Love,
Zindagi