Oricar Efovex (Homestuck OC)

Your name is ORICAR EFOVEX, and that is one of only a few constants in your life. Your life is always thrusting one CHANGE after another at you WHETHER YOU WILL IT TO OR NOT. Whether due to being GENDERFLUID, meeting NEW PEOPLE ONLINE, or the TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF BEING A MUTANT-BLOOD, the only thing you can be sure of in life is that some CHANGE IS ALWAYS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

For example, you are a NOMAD, moving from one place to another AT THE SLIGHTEST WHIM. This is more by NECESSITY THAN CHOICE, of course, since your MUTANT BLOOD puts you in serious danger of being culled, and other trolls are bound to get suspicious of you if they still don't know your blood colour after having seen you around for a while. Despite this, you are rarely lonely, as you have a number of ONLINE FRIENDS with whom you have been communicating for a long time. You don't have any particular preferences regarding suitable places so long as they are habitable and you can get an internet connection.

Despite the fact that you are used to living through a life of NEAR CONSTANT CHANGE (now there's an oxymoron for you!), you take comfort in one of the few disciplines in which, once a fact is proven true, it well never change: MATHEMATICS. ALGEBRA AND CALCULUS are your favourite areas because they deal with VARIABLES AND CHANGE-but at least in these cases, you can CONTROL AND PREDICT THESE CHANGES. You would like to take this interest to a PROFESSIONAL LEVEL, but this is difficult because of the aforementioned risks associated with staying in one place too long because of your blood. However, you have been fortunate enough in your choice of ONLINE FRIENDS; you have managed to find a small group of fellow MATHEMATICALLY-MINDED INDIVIDUALS with just as much of a serious interest in the subject as you, and together you have COLLABORATED on a number of UNSOLVED PROBLEMS AND PROOFS. You have even PUBLISHED PAPERS TOGETHER UNDER A FALSE PEN NAME. A member of your collaboration GIVES LECTURES AND DEMONSTRATIONS under said false name when your group is asked to by various institutions (under the assumption that you are a single person). You don't mind that you don't get any REAL FAME OR GLORY for yourself as a result of being anonymous. It allows you to FOLLOW YOUR PASSION and CONTRIBUTE to the field, regardless of your current location or circumstances.

Perhaps due to your own status as an ANOMALY of sorts among trolls, you have an interest in ANOMALOUS AND OTHERWISE UNUSUAL THINGS. You collect unusual objects both of your own finding and from other trolls who DELIGHT IN THE WEIRD, WACKY AND WONDERFUL. Because you travel so much your collection isn't particularly large; you often TRADE OLD FINDS FOR NEW with other trolls as opposed to buying new additions. You enjoy not only discovering new oddities, but sharing them with fellow collectors. You keep an extensive LOGBOOK of each item that finds its way into your collection, so you have a record of each and every oddity that you have seen.

Your trolltag is anomalousAlgebra and your voice changes slightly depending on your current gender (though there are times when your voice alone doesn't make it obvious to other trolls).

-----
Name: Oricar Efovex

Name origin: "Ori" comes from "origin", the point (0,0) on a Cartesian plane. The "-car" part of their first name comes from Descartes. "Efovex" sounds like the function notation f(x) (read "f of X").

Gender: genderfluid

Blood: mutant (grey)

Age: 9 sweeps

Lusus: fox

Modus: Algebra Modus (you must solve an equation to retrieve the item)

Strife specibus: scissorkind

Trolltag: anomalousAlgebra

Quirk: (starts every message with f(x)= or F(x)= and puts the letter x in brackets. The f will be lowercase if Oricar is currently male, and uppercase if female.)
f(x)=The quick brown fo(x) jumps over the lazy dog.
F(x)=The quick brown fo(x) jumps over the lazy dog.

Personality: ambivert, cautious when outside their "home", flexible and willing to make compromises, open-minded, excitable and enthusiastic about maths and solving new maths problems, friendly once you get to know them, gets annoyed when misgendered but tries not to show it and quickly corrects it when it happens (they use their typing quirk to show their gender so their online friends don't accidentally misgender them), doesn't let discrimination or other problems associated with their mutant blood stop them being positive,

Likes: mathematics (especially algebra and calculus), their online friends and collaborators, unusual and anomalous objects

Dislikes: having to move when they get comfortable in a really good location (but it's understandable that they have to do that), when their entire maths group is stuck on a problem and nobody can make any progress, being misgendered,

Ancestor: Abcise (pronounced "ab-sees") "The Variable" Efovex

Name origin: "abscissa" is an old name for the x-axis on a Cartesian plane.

Moon: Derse

Dominant/submissive: submissive

Hemoloyalty: 0/10

Quadrants: