Montague "Monty" Bannister (general RP OC)

Note: This OC was originally made for PokechuBirdie's group RP. However their account was deleted before that could start. So I finished him up to use for general RPs.
Aesthetic was made by PokechuBirdie.

Name: Montague Bannister

Nickname: Monty (he prefers to be called Monty over Montague)

Role: The Scrapper

Species: human

Gender: male

Age: 35

Sexuality: heterosexual

Occupation: electrician

Appearance: Monty is of average male height (170cm). He has blonde hair that is showing a few greys; he has a beard too. He has hazel eyes that give him an air of wisdom. His face is considered to be oval-shaped. His skin tone is neither particularly light nor particularly dark. His build is that of a healthy male, he is fit and a bit muscular. He has a tattoo of a gray wolf on his left upper arm.
He typically wears jeans, dark t-shirts and jumpers, and other practical clothing. He goes outside a lot and his work can often lead to him getting covered in dust so he'd rather wear clothes which he can get dirty with little consequence and which are practical for his work. Even on free days he rarely deviates from this kind of attire unless there is an obvious reason such as a formal occasion.

Personality: Monty is a very gentle soul. He can be wistful at times as he likes to think about his past; it gives him a sense of stability knowing who he is and how he came to be who he is. He values the past, his memories of it and things/people from it, and values old connections greatly, their value not diminishing over time. He is generally gentle and kind in his interactions with people. That being said he is something of an ambivert. He does need "alone time" and he likes quiet places, but he also does not mind social interaction, and he derives comfort and kinship from being around his friends. He is also not afraid to stand up for what he believes in, and will support others in any way he can; he is very sympathetic and will want to do whatever he can to ease the troubles of those he cares about, even if it is just giving his thoughts, opinions and advice on the matter. This, however, can be taken to the extreme in that he can come across as being too forceful or overbearing in the process. He may need a reminder to step back from the situation, give people some space, and trust them to do what is best, whether that aligns with his suggestions or not. This can be a problem when he is working with others especially as he himself does not like being told how to do his job by others. He also gets frustrated when he can't figure out a solution to a problem and again, may need to be reminded to take a break and think it over later, or that it is not such a big deal and does not warrant such frustration. He does not take it out on others; he himself suffers as a result of it than anyone or anything around him.

Family: Charlie Bannister (mother, formerly Charlie Aldridge, alive), Andrew Bannister (father, alive), Holly Bannister (younger sister, roughly 4 years younger than Monty, alive)

Strengths/skills:
-highly knowledgeable and skilled in regards to anything that involves wiring/electricity
-assertive and willing to support a worthy cause
-can give valuable and insightful advice

Flaws/weaknesses:
-can come across as forceful and sometimes doesn't know when to "back off" and leave something alone
-gets easily frustrated when he can't figure something out quickly or when he feels like he's missing a piece of information necessary for figuring something out

Likes:
-anything to do with electricity, electrical technology/electronics, and his work
-technology in general
-his friends (they are a go-to distraction in difficult times)
-animals, especially wolves
-going on nature walks
-his family and friends

Dislikes:
-people who don't accept technology or are full-on against it
-narrow-minded people
-guns and hunting

Backstory: Monty had a relatively normal childhood. He was raised by his parents, Andrew and Charlie Bannister, and when he was 4 years old his younger sister Holly was born. He had a typical kind of relationship with them all, until he was about 11, when he and his father were on a father and son camping trip. They had ventured out a ways away from their campsite and were heading beck when suddenly they saw a wolf lurking in the trees. Monty didn't know if it knew they were there or not, but Andrew, who had brought a gun with him to defend himself in case of such an emergency, was taking no chances and raised it to shoot. Monty, however, was appalled at the idea of harming such a beautiful creature especially as it showed no sign of meaning them harm,  and so he called out to the wolf to scare it off after failing to convince his father to leave it alone. It was risky, but luckily the wolf was startled and ran off. After that incident, Monty became a bit distant from his father. He hated the idea that his father would've shot and killed the wolf that he had seen, and become fascinated by, on that occasion. It made him uncomfortable to think that his father was the kind of person who would be willing to do such a thing. Later on, he understood that his father had wanted to protect him, to make sure he was safe, and so their relationship did mend somewhat over Monty's early adulthood.
As for Monty's career, there were a number of tradesmen in the family already in the form of two uncles and a grandfather, and, perhaps as a result of his growing distant from his father and thus spending more time with the other males in his family than he did prior, he too decided to take up a trade. He had liked messing around with machines when he was young, and he liked to know how they worked, and throughout high school he began to pursue this interest more seriously through the various opportunities his education presented. This continued into his post-school education, so eventually he ended up becoming an electrician, having developed a more specialised interest and talent  in electricity and working with it.
He is currently happy in this career, he has been doing it for a number of years now. He does not have an apprentice but would be keen to take one under his wing if the opportunity presented itself.
He lives alone and is single. He tried dating in high school but has not had a successful relationship.