Glenn Fizweld (medieval/fantasy OC)

Name: Glenn Fizweld

Gender: male

Age: 23

Species: human

Sexuality: heterosexual

Occupation: knight

Appearance: Glenn is average height (170cm tall). He is lean but muscular thanks to his training. He has slightly curly chin-length dark blonde hair and a slight moustache. He has grey eyes. His face is a little squarish. He has a few scars on his arms, legs and torso from battles/sparring and also miscellaneous accidents (in equal measure), and his left pinky finger is a bit burned because he accidentally set it on fire with a candle when he was a child and it didn't heal properly.

Personality: Glenn is a pretty happy-go-lucky sort of chap. He is friendly and likeable and he has a great sense of humour. That being said, this sense of humour can sometimes be a wall or defence mechanism he uses to hide his insecurities (whether he is aware of it or not). Because his skills are not particularly noteworthy and he is clumsy and has a history of having weird accidents, he worries that he might not be cut out for knighthood and may prove more of a hindrance to his comrades and lord then a help. In spite of this, he is giving it the best shot he can, and he won't let it deter him from going into battle. He takes chivalry very seriously after all, so he doesn't want to let these fears and doubts make a coward of him.

Weapons: a sword (bent [somehow]) and a lance (also bent [somehow]). He hasn't bothered to replace them because he knows the same fate will probably befall the new ones somehow. No point in paying for expensive steel if it's just going to end up as expensive bent steel, same as his old weapons. He is competent with both, but nothing spectacular.
He also inherited his father's shield, but given the state of his sword and lance, he doesn't dare use it.

Pet: his horse named Winston, a brown courser with a black mane and tail who has been Glenn's loyal steed since he was a squire. A bit feisty at times, and acts up for pretty much anyone except Glenn. He has a good instinct for sensing danger however, and doesn't shy away from battle.

Backstory: Glenn's father Gerald was a knight, which is how Glenn was able to pursue the same career himself; in all honesty he probably wouldn't have made it to knighthood if not for this fact. Glenn admired his father so from a young age he knew he wanted to become a knight as well. His father arranged for him to begin his studies as a page at the castle of the same lord he had trained and served under, Lord Roderick Swyften. Glenn's studies were not easy, especially given how accident-prone he was, and he was often teased by the other pages and squires at the castle. Glenn remained friendly and good natured however and rarely got into actual fights with them. He didn't want to give Lord Swyften such an excuse to dismiss him, since he knew the lord was probably aware of his knack for having strange mishaps. He studied and trained hard to prove that he was valuable and committed in spite of his awkwardness and clumsiness. That being said he was honestly surprised when he was promoted to squire. His father shared responsibility for his formal training with fellow knight Sir Justin Greendyke. Glenn's father bought him his horse Winston for his sixteenth birthday. Sadly, when Glenn was eighteen, his father was killed in a battle, and Sir Justin suffered a serious wound that would end his career; he decided he would retire after seeing Glenn through the last of his training. The grief from his father's death caused Glenn to slip somewhat, so he didn't become a knight until just before his twenty-second birthday, a bit late compared to most knightings. He had managed to find the determination to carry on though, thanks in part to Sir Justin's own determination to finish training Glenn before retiring.

The newly knighted Sir Glenn serves Lord Swyften, and has maintained a reputation for strange and even absurd incidents (unintentionally, of course). His fellow knights generally like and respect him though since by his knighthood he has been proven worthy of serving alongside them. He has a way of seeing himself and his comrades through situations one way or another. One particularly unforgettable incident happened when he and some others were out hunting. They came upon a wild boar that looked kind of aggressive and they were debating whether they should go for it or not. Suddenly the boar noticed them, but they were stuck in a spot where it was difficult to turn their horses around so they were starting to worry that they wouldn't be able to get away if it charged them. All of a sudden, two things happened: the boar indeed began a fast and aggressive charge...and Glenn gave the most tremendous sneeze any of them had ever witnessed; so strong was it that his sword, which he had unsheathed in case the boar came at them, flew out of his hand and, by some strange stroke of luck, stabbed the boar through the eye. The other knights then charged forward themselves, and that night, toasted Sir Sword-Sneezer as they dined on roast boar.
This is just one example of the kind of strange incident that could only happen to Glenn Fizweld. Even so, he knows he has a lot of work to do to become a truly good knight; being a likeable klutz can only get you so far after all.