Rose day

The next day after JAM fest were passed by just by sitting in the campus and observing my crush. I saw chatting with different girls on different days because he had got quite a little popular after the fest but nothing really bothered - his fame, his popularity and even the girls around. I knew none of them were his girlfriends because I didn't any of them sticking by his side for more than a day which confirmed that they were only friends.
                  The best part of my life was that i got to see him and luckily even he soared a few glances towards me at times which kept me going obviously. Soon the news started to spread in the college like fire about rose to be held on Saturday. My entire girl gang became quite enthusiastic about the same. The theme of the event was rose day along with traditional day. The entire college was getting excited about the day. I could feel the vibe in every single corner of the college. The was a buzz created among students. The girls deciding what they are going wear on the rose day and boy discussing who they are going to give their roses to.
                   All of these things created a new a new energy in me. For the very first time in life, I wanted to look good. Yes, I never in my entire life gave a second thought about what I should be wearing and how I should doll myself up. But suddenly I was changing, I was experiencing all those little girly things in my life that I never imagined I would ever give a second to. As I had been focused to studies, being a good and a strong daughter. Honestly life never gave me a leisure chance to chill and pamper myself just like the normal girls do. When the people of my age were chilling and falling in love, I was busy growing up. So dressing up and looking good  especially for a boy was basically never in my criteria.
                    I think life had it's own way to moulding me into the things I missed out on in quite a funny way . To be honest a very very very hopelessly funny way, when I realised that tomorrow was the Saturday people were talking about. Today had almost passed as it  was past 5pm.I left the college with Ariana who stayed nearby my place. I had no idea what was going to happen tomorrow but I was very excited - the pre-excitement we call it pretty much.
            As soon as I reached, I told my mother that tomorrow was the rose and I had to wear something traditional. The moment traditional words we out of my mouth, there was a big question mark created on my face as I was the girl who hardly wore anything traditional. At the moment I was doubting, even if I had any. But cupboard is the treasure hunt for girls, if we dig in something obviously cones out of it. My mother emptied the entire cupboard and was searching, even I joined in and started searching with the excitement. I couldn't  believe I was doing this. It so good to do the normal girly stuff for the first time. My mother finally picked out one dress which was maroon and creamish in colour. My elder cousin sister had given it to me as it wouldn't fit her anymore. In my entire lifetime I wouldn't be as happy and grateful to her as I was right at that moment. The dress was classy, elegant and pretty.
                 I was sure I would never he able to buy such an expensive dress as clothes were the least important things I spent my parents money on. Everything was set , my mother removed matching bangles and earrings for me with a nice beautiful necklace when I realised the only things missing were heels. I had no such fancy footwear, my collection in footwear was awfully poor and pathetic as I had only one flat pair of sandals which I had been wearing since the rainy season and now it was end of winter.
                I knew my sandals won't go with the dress so I thought of borrowing it from my High school friend Samantha, she lived nearby. Now I was all all set for tomorrow, I went to bed with a very big smile on my face thinking about the next day.
               Next day early in the morning woke up an hour early than the usual days and went straight to the bathroom, I went to shower and washed my hair shampoo but today I wanted to look special so I decided to even go for conditioner, so I conditioned my hair and even applied some face pack on my face. I wanted to look the beautiful or moreover the best. After I was done bathing, I wore the dress and a new vibe - completely different one was set into me. I started applying maskara and eye liner along with the lipstick. Putting the earrings in my ears, I out some bindi on my forehead and was completely ready for the day. I couldn't wait anymore and left for the train. During my entire journey towards the college I kept thinking if he would give me a rose today. If he even come and just talk to me or even confess his feelings to me. I couldn't wait to reach college.
                 Soon I arrived to the college and the feeling I felt entering the college was even thousands  of times more than the excitement I had been feeling from yesterday. Love was in the air. Everyone was amazingly dressed from the guys to the girls. The entire campus was decorated with red colour balloons and roses. I couldn't believe I was getting an opportunity to even experience this bliss. I was speechless. Immediately, I got a call from teddy asking me if I was in the college and if yes then she was waiting for me in the new building lobby. I scanned around and couldn't find him so I assumed he hasn't arrived yet. I went to the new building lobby where some chemistry quiz was going and Teddy was already a part of it. I was just watching it as I was zero in chemistry to didn't bother chemistry and funnily chemistry never bothered me.
                She won the competition, I was finally relaxes that I could now get to go in the campus. Till then Sammy had also arrived and we took our usual positions in the campus at the stairs. Sharon didn't come as she had some emergency. I waiting for my crush to arrive, it was past 11 am and there still not a hint of him. I wondered even if he was going to come today and right at that moment he entered from gate. Oh my god, I couldn't hide the blush I felt just by looking at him, who would not because the moment he entered the gate - he had that million dollar smile plastered on his face which was already playing tricks with my system. He was wearing a plain dark blue T-shirt in which he looked even more fair and handsome. I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to have someone so beautiful in my life. Not only was he handsome but his aura was so pure and innocent as that of a small child.
                   Teddy got a call from the chemistry department to collect her certificated and she insisted I accompany her so I had leave the campus even though I pretty much wanted to stay there. We went to the second floor but my heart was still in the campus. I was peeking from the corridor window and I could see a rose in his hand, my heartbeat was raised to the rocket speed and I could care less but to go down. I texted Teddy that u had something urgent so u might have to leave. I was running through the stairs missing a few of them. This was the moment I had been waiting the past few months which felt like eternity. I met Sammy on the way, she had some work in the new building and took me along with her.
                  As I was passing by the campus I could see his friends cheering him up to give the rose to a girl who standing quite at a distance from him and he feeling all shy and nervous. I felt a thud in my gutt. Sammy snatched me towards the new building, there we met Ariana and sone fashion show was going on over there . But my mind couldn't register even a single activity as my brain kept recollecting the previous scenarios. I kept questioning myself, "Is it possible that he might give her the rose? ". I couldn't stand it anymore and left for the campus immediately along with Sammy following me.
                  The next thing that I was made my heart sank and my body go numb. Gone was the rise in his hand and when checked into the girl. She was standing her there holding a rose in her hands. That only meant one thing that she got the I rose I had been dreaming of all the while. Not only the rose but the feelings, the hopes and the the dreams which I had seen were all transported so some girl I had seen just a few minutes back.

Hey lovelies, I hope you guys liked my writing so far .
Do like and comment.
#lotsoflove🤭👑😍