Sonanimals (Izuku Midoriya X Reader: Soulmate AU) Part 1

I do have several ships in this one, UrarakaXTsu and BakugoXKirishima, but they play on a small role in the general story. Also, this a long part 1, but there will be a much shorter part 2.  

You sleep in the morning until the alarm wakes you reminding you to be early or face the fact that you would be late for my job at the hospital. You roll off of your bed almost tripping over your Sonanimal, Smores, and rush to put on the uniform required. Smores follows you to the side and starts to bark at your feet, you grimace knowing once Smores starts to bark, you can't get him to stop. You first got Smores on your fifteenth Birthday, well everyone gets their Sonanimals on their fifteenth birthday, but your family was especially surprised that your Sonanimal turned out to be a small chihuahua with mean eyes and spikes all around its body. You see your parents didn't tell you what a Sonanimal was until the night before your birthday when they finally educated you about them. They explained that a Sonanimal was supposed to be a representation of your soulmate and that when you met said soulmate that your Sonanimals would touch and there would be an explosion of colors that would flood into your vision, these animals would also reflect whatever the soulmate's personality was as well as a person's physical appearance in eyes and hair. You always thought it was an intriguing thought seeing as how everyone's world was black and white and then all of a sudden one day they would see colors, but you also wanted to know what things would look like in color instead of noir. As you thought about Sonanimals questioning their existence again, you brought the shoes to your feet, lacing them up as you grabbed your f/c work bag picking Smores up and placing him in the top part of the bag. You run towards the bus just barely missing it when you cursed, "Damn it. I was supposed to be doing surgery in five minutes." You were a hospital surgeon with an advantage towards surgery. Your quirk allowed you to see things through the body if you scan them like an X-ray as well as use medical tools with precision allowing surgeries to go by quickly and harmlessly. To a further extent, your quirk could also heal people from many major things like broken arms. You hoped that your friend Izuku Midoriya would appear like he sometimes did and would be willing to help.

 Today was one of the lucky days. As you contemplated waiting for the next bus, Midoriya walked by you on patrol when he saw you, "What's wrong, y/n? Couldn't wait for our daily meet" he asked with a small amount of humor while you explained to him what happened and he immediately understood, "I can help if you want me to," he offered and you accepted quickly. He picked you up bridal style and he used his quirk to become faster as he took you to work. You smiled against his hero costume, sometimes you wished Midoriya and you were soulmates since you knew everything about Midoriya and he knows practically everything about you ever since the two of you became friends the first time you met. You met each other in the hospital after he had received some nasty injuries from a villain fight, and the injuries were so extreme that he stayed in the hospital for a few days causing you to make conversation with him and the two of you becoming friends. As he drops you off at the door, Midoriya promises, "Don't worry. I'll see you at lunch." You wave good-bye as you walk into the large hospital asking the secretary if he could watch your Sonanimal and your bag while rushing to the room you were supposed to be doing surgery in. Surgeries in this power-filled world were few and far between so whenever there was one you could do, you always took it. You enjoyed the adrenaline-filled stuff that was surgery, and today you were allowed to operate. You walked in and after about 30 minutes, you stitched the remaining fragments and then left to wash your hands letting the nurses roll the man into his hospital room. Another hour or so of healing broken bones, you were thoroughly tired, one of the downsides of using your quirk for so many major things, and you walked into the next patient's room where he was filled with dozens of scratches and burns. 

You looked at the person, "So it says on your case file that your name is Katsuki Bakugo, is this correct?" He nodded looking angry to even be at the hospital, "What exactly happened to you to have sustained this many cuts and burns," you questioned as you walked around him surveying the rest of his body making sure that there wasn't anything too drastic, but you gasped as you noticed immediately that there was a knife sticking out of his back. You went to that area first putting antiseptic on the area before pulling the knife out of his back when he began to speak, "I was in a villain fight with this knife villain when he threw a fucking knife in my fucking back and fucking cut me up a bunch. Than another villain was firing fucking flames at me and I was fucking trying to stop them both so I didn't notice it until finally I fucking demolished them both and took them to the police." You sat there in both admiration and shock for the hero healing part of the cut before stitching the rest of it up and then healing the burns and slightly deep cuts. You did a normal physical after that, looking into his eyes to test them, "You know this is going to sound weird, but you kind of look like my Sonanimal." "You fucking look like mine and act like mine," he angrily glints at me. "Maybe we're considered soulmates," You offer. Only one way to fucking find out," the hero stands up and blasts out of the room while you run after him shouting that you hadn't released him even though you were about to. You didn't see him until lunch around the same time Midoriya arrived. You had grabbed your bag from the secretary after your last patient and the secretary sighed in relief as you were greeted by your aggressive pomeranian, Smores. 

Midoriya walked into the hospital, where you greeted him with a small smile, "Hey Izuku. Are you hungry cause I brought katsudon," knowing that your tradition was to bring each other's favorite food. He grinned at you now with blush on his cheeks, "I brought chicken today. What are the odds? Would you like to trade lunch, y/n," you smiled walking with Midoriya to an empty room that you found and placed an empty case file to keep people from using it, and you set Smores on the floor with a small bowl of food that you kept in a plastic bag in your purse. You talked and ate for a little bit when you brought up the whole thing about the hero, who looked like your Sonanimal, "I don't know. This guy was a little aggressive for my taste. I don't think he would be a suitable soulmate," you anxiously say to Midoriya, "I get that but colors are worth it, and you deserve colors. I promise you though, if your soulmate doesn't like you, I will be here for you." You hug Midoriya hearing his breath stop and heartbeat quickening, "Thanks Izuku," you quietly say before trying to lighten up the mood, "This boy seemed very tsunderish like Smores. If you get what I mean" you chuckle. "You know that sounds kind of like Kacchan, who seemed very mean, but was actually very nice. He was only very close with this other dude, Kirishima," I gaped at Midoriya, who usually never talked about his class for sensitive reasons. A long time ago, he met his soulmate in the class, Ochako Uraraka, but Uraraka instantly told him that she had feelings towards another girl named Asui Tsuyu. Uraraka also told Midoriya that she wished they would remain friends, but still felt upset that she couldn't feel the same amount of love for Midoriya that she felt for Tsu. Of course, Midoriya stayed Uraraka's friend, and because he had such an upbeat personality, he didn't show the emotions he really felt. A few minutes later, you heard a secretary call over the intercom in the room you were sitting in, "L/n, you have someone, who is asking for you? I know it's your lunch break, but he is saying it's urgent." you look at Midoriya, who looked a little sad, when you asked, "Do you want to come with me?" Midoriya smiled softly, "If you want me to." 

You grab his hand and pull him through the door, noticing a small drop in his eyes while Smores followed the both of us out, "Look, whatever happens, our relationship doesn't have to change, okay," you softly say to him. He gives you a smile that failed to mask his feelings as the angry hero you saw from earlier saw you, "Oi. What the fuck? Deku what the fuck you doing here," Midoriya stiffened in fright before saying, "H-Hi, Kacchan. I'm f-friends w-with y/n," Bakugo looked like he wanted to blow up, but he sighed probably realizing he was in a hospital, "Look, the only fucking reason I'm here is to check something with y/n. Now where the fuck did n/n go," you gasp that Bakugo gave the Sonanimal a nickname along the lines with a nickname of yours. You turn around seeing a small owl with your hair type and hair color fly over to your pomeranian and sure enough, as they touched each other's noses a huge flash of light and colors bled into your view and you gasped in awe of the sight you were seeing. The first thing you noticed though was your Sonanimal, Smores had disappeared and you tried to understand what it meant when Bakugo cursed under his breath and you turned to him seeing his now shocked crimson red eyes, "Fuck, you are my soulmate, but where the fuck did n/n go?" "I don't know," you say slowly starting to panic, "Does this mean we aren't soulmates?"