Studying (Izuku Midoriya X Reader)

It was a week before your math exam, the one that would be 50% of your grade, and you were beginning to stress that you would fail it. "Uraraka, why can't I figure out the math! Aizawa told me that I have to pass this exam or else I'll be held back," you groaned at lunch one day after math class, "I would be happy to tutor you, y/n. For it is the responsibility of the class president to make sure all the students understand the subjects they are taught," Iida offered reciting it as if it was from the handbook, "I think I'm alright, Iida. Thanks for the offer, but the last time you tried to tutor me somehow you made me more confused," you sighed when Uraraka smiled, "What about Deku tutoring you in math." "Why... why me," Midoriya stuttered clearly caught off guard. "Seeing as how you have one of the highest grades in math. It would be an amazing help, Deku," you looked at Midoriya with hopeful eyes trying to avoid Uraraka's gaze.

"Sure! We can start today after school, if that's fine with you," Midoriya replied before grabbing one of his notebooks and mumbling to himself. "I guess Deku is coming up with a study plan," Uraraka sighed before you both stood up walking to throw your food away when she glanced at you adding in a lower tone, "Are you finally gonna tell him?" "About what," you tried to avoid what you knew she was asking, "About how you have a crush on him," she prodded. "I have to pass my exam first. I can't have it get awkward between us if he doesn't feel the same." Now it was Uraraka's turn to sigh at the oblivious girl but she reassured her, "You have a point, but when you do, you must tell me all the details." "Definitely," you smiled before hearing the bell walking towards the class. After all the classes had finished for the day, you walked to the library seeing Midoriya already sitting at a table with a bunch of papers around him. "I don't think I need this many papers," you told him when Midoriya looked up rubbing the back of his head, "Oh. Well, this is just some notes and a plan I made. First, I'm going to show you the formulas."

As we started going over the notes and the homework, you found that you were already understanding the material a little better than you had previously until you stumbled across a word problem, "Gosh, I'm so dumb," you complained while you placed your head on the table, "You're. You're not dumb, you're actually really smart. Here let me show you how I did it." You found yourself blushing at his kind words as he scooted closer, you froze when you felt his elbow touching, but ignored the growing butterflies in your stomach as you continued to watch him walk you through the equation. You guys continued to do this every day for much longer periods of time for harder content and shorter periods of time for easier content. To keep up with your other school work, you both would go to the library at lunch and breaks to finish your homework.  You noticed that Midoriya was understanding whenever you got something wrong and would help you work through the problem step by step until it began to make sense, and due to the lengthier study days, you eventually had to move it to Midoriya's house.

He was extremely nervous and stuttered constantly when you first met over at his house and his mom was very kind, you giggled at the sight of Midoriya's room where it was covered in All Might posters and other hero memorabilia. His mom even brought snacks up, and you began to talk about other things like what type of hero you wanted to be, also your hobbies and other stuff, until finally you went back to studying and you were extremely grateful for him sacrificing his time to help you. What you didn't notice was that Midoriya was slowly beginning to notice and enjoy small things about your personality that he hadn't noticed at first. Midoriya and you had gotten close from studying, you would buy his favorite drink after school and he would give you your favorite food and you would talk about some stuff before you would begin studying. Until finally the last day before the exam arrived, and you were covering some of the hardest math content and as you finally covered the last problem together, you sighed, tired at all of the work you had put in.

You felt your eyes closing when you slumped onto Midoriya's shoulder, he stiffened at the sudden touch and he looked down blushing as red as Kirishima's hair, "Y/n. Y/n," he said poking your face, but his eyes began to close too and he placed his head on top of yours falling asleep as well. Two hours later, you stirred awake and you blushed, noticing Midoriya's head on yours, but you didn't want to wake him so you just studied by yourself. Midoriya woke up soon after you started studying and he began to apologize with a dark blush on his face, "I'm so... so... sorry... I noticed you had fallen asleep and I didn't want to wake you up, but then I fell asleep." You placed your hand on his hand, "It's fine. We've been studying for so many hours every day that we were bound to fall asleep at some point," you recovered and Midoriya sighed before his mom opened the door, "Y/n, your parents are here to take you home." "Thank you for helping me so much, Midoriya," smiling at him as you picked up your backpack and went home.

The next day, you woke up early and went to school, still nervous about your exam, but as you took it you could remember all of the advice and notes Midoriya gave you and as you finished the exam you felt your confidence rose. A few hours later, you were waiting outside of the classroom like the rest of your peers and when the scores came out, you rushed looking for your last name seeing it next to the score 95 and you noticed Midoriya's name with a score of 98. "I did it. I won't be held back now," you shouted with glee turning and hugging Midoriya, "I couldn't have done it without your help!" Midoriya stiffened again and you noticed his blush after you let go, "Don't... Don't mention it," and you decided to be honest to Midoriya especially since you felt confident, "We should go out to celebrate. Just the two of us." "Like... like a date," he stuttered before you answered him playing with your hands, "To be honest, I've liked you for a while. I just felt like I needed to get it off my chest," and Midoriya sighed, "That's good. I like you too. Let's go to a coffee shop to celebrate." You smiled grabbing Midoriya's hand and started walking to the coffee shop while talking, and you knew that you would have to thank Uraraka for getting Midoriya to tutor you.