Dabi X Reader: Bad Timing (Soulmate AU)

You looked down at your clock 2 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes, 33 seconds, but you were thoroughly confused. You were at the training camp with class 1B after finals and you were starting to wonder if your soulmate could be from the famous hero class 1A especially since you seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. You told Kendo and she joked that it could be a person living in the forest, but as the training camp continued you began to wonder if she may be right, after all, you had met over half of class 1A now.

       One night as a reward for working so hard, the two classes were going to do a test of courage, and your class was the scarers. So you and your classmates were teamed up to hide in different areas and scare the groups of class 1A, and as you followed behind Kendo and Tetsutetsu, you tripped over your feet and collided into the ground. When you stood up, you felt the beginnings of some bruises on your legs, but you pushed it out of your mind when you noticed that the rest of the group had gone without you and you couldn't remember which way you were heading. You heard a sound that seemed to be someone talking and walked in the direction of the person's voice and you felt a strange burning sensation on your wrist but you dismissed it as just pain from your fall.

You pushed forward through the trees and the path opened up to a clearing towards the top of a hill, and you instantly knew that you were lost, but the fear of being lost in the woods at night was instantly thrown from your mind when you smelled smoke. You stood up looking for the source of the smoke and noticed two people standing with their backs to you in the middle of the clearing. The smoke was coming from a guy with blue flames roaring up from the palm of his hand and the other a petite girl with blonde hair who rushed off wearing a small backpack towards another area of the forest. You were shaking as you walked forward quietly to try to stop the black-haired guy from burning the area below where you knew your friends were hiding below unaware of the dangers. Your arm was throbbing, but you continued to move forward until finally, you were in the clearing. You didn't get much further because the guy turned around and a loud beeping sounded from both of your arms, "You've got to be kidding," you mumbled looking down seeing the timer now reading zeros.

       "My soulmate is some hero wannabe. Just great that makes burning this area all the more fun. Now you can watch me make your friends suffer" the guy continued to burn part of the trees at the edge of the clearing. You walked closer to him, "Why are you doing this," your voice quivered while he turned to you with a sinister smile, "I'm smoking them out. But it's none of your business, you'll just ruin things. Can't have you going and telling anyone after all." You knew you had to get back to help the others, but you willed yourself to use your quirk against him. Your quirk, Shield allowed you to make a barrier around anything, but it took a lot of strength to keep it strong and if you focused enough you could also use the shields as weapons.

So you stood beside him and used your quirk to create a barrier around the trees on fire catching the dark-haired boy off guard momentarily. "You have guts, I'll give you that," his face melted into a sinister smile, "But how will it be when I burn you," he lightly grazed your arm with the blue flames and you were gritting your teeth to keep from screaming out in pain so he brought his hand down further on your leg and your other arm, but you continued to hold out. You kept the shield up for another minute or so before black dots started appearing in your eyes, but you saw the flames dying down and you were so relieved that you held the shield up long enough because it was only seconds later that you fell with the shield down. "You lasted longer than I thought, wannabe. You may be of use to me." "What do you mean, you don't even know my name so how would you know," you puffed out at him, sweat running down your arms. "Your name is y/n and you are in Hero class 1B at UA. The League has been watching you, wannabe," he smoothly replied causing you to look up in both fear and shock at the information.

"Well I'm not going to be working for the League of Villains ever," you spoke loudly even though you were scared to your core and the black was almost covering your vision, "I wouldn't say that. Right now, you won't but you may consider the offer later down the road especially if the need arises." It was then that you passed out from sheer exhaustion and injuries and Dabi grinned knowing that he had planted the seed, now he just needed to wait for the thought to blossom and he thought to himself, "You have the will power strength, and fire, which makes you the perfect match for me. I hate that you're a fucking hero wannabe, but I can change that. All I need is a little time." After hearing the League call out that they had captured Bakugo, Dabi finished his last task and moved on.

     When you woke up, you were nearer to camp than you had been originally and a medical professional was wheeling you into an ambulance as you finally began to feel all of the burns that were caused by the blue flames and the exhaustion from keeping the shield up for so long. You couldn't tell what anyone was saying and it wasn't long before you had passed out again, but when you woke up in a hospital bed, you looked at your phone noticing a phone number you didn't have before. The message read, "In case you don't remember me, wannabe, it's the guy with the blue flames, Dabi. If you ever change your mind about the League, contact this number and you'll help free this world from these damn heroes."