A Whirlwind of Senses (Eijiro Kirishima X Reader: Soulmate AU)

Who wanted to taste or smell. You always thought it was stupid, seeing as how you could eat whatever your parents gave you as a child and never complain or argue, but they always wanted you to experience what it was like to smell or taste because it made "everything" sweeter. Of course, you disagreed since you didn't want to be a chef or any other job regarding taste or smell. You just wanted to be a hero. You knew it would be hard work, but you desperately wanted to be one. So when you went to the U.A. 's entrance exam, you were extremely nervous since your quirk was Telekinesis allowing certain advancements like if you focused enough then you would be able to read minds as well as control other larger stuff, but it required a ton of energy as well as focus to keep your power. Somehow, you ended up in the U.A. Hero Class 1A, you were extremely excited but you were aware of all the hard work that you would have to do. You were so excited that you wanted to tell your friend, Midoriya, who practically beamed at your getting in when he surprised you by telling you he got in as well. 

The first day of school at U.A. came much faster than it should have, but you walked confidently into the hallways ready for a new challenge; you would have waited for Midoriya, but he was already running late for his first day. You chuckled thinking about how distracted Midoriya got when he was excited and knew that he probably stayed up late rambling to himself about everything. As a result of your daydreaming, you didn't notice where you were walking and promptly ran into someone, and as quick as a snap you inhaled a flash of a smell. You were shocked enough that you could smell different scents for even just a small second even though all you could smell was a strong musk of what you always thought would be hair gel. You mumbled a quick apology to the person and before you could embarrass yourself further, you moved towards your classroom. Now you were definitely lost in thought, was it a flash of smell or was it just your imagination, you kept thinking. You wanted to tell Midoriya, but again he was running late and now you were annoyed at the absence of your friend while walking into class.

 Immediately, you saw a wide variety of people smiling and already talking to each other when you saw Bakugo, an old bully of Midoriya's, "Hey Kacchan" you greeted warmly, "I'm not surprised you got into U.A," Bakugo's face grew flushed and contorted to a grimace as he turned around, "Don't fucking call me that. And what the fuck are you doing here, Mind Freak? Only I'm fucking supposed to be from our fucking school" You rolled your eyes at his words knowing that he didn't mean them all especially since he didn't hate you like he hated Midoriya. So you decided to brave his hot-headedness and sat your stuff on the desk beside Bakugo, "Do you mind if I sit next to you, Kacchan," you ask, testing his attitude, "Tch. You can fucking sit there. Just don't fucking get in my way." You also secretly hoped that Midoriya would be sitting nearby you even though Bakugo was nearby, especially since you disliked meeting new people. You sighed immediately noticing all of the people already grouping up and you felt your shyness creeping into your head and you were scared to make a fool of yourself again. You heard the classroom door open when you looked up and someone immediately walked over to your desk, and when he noticed your h/c hair he came over to you apologizing, "Sorry for tripping you up early. If I hadn't been so lost, you wouldn't have run into me. Also, I'm Kirishima, by the way. Nice to meet you." He spoke quickly running a hand through his spiky red hair, but your kindness overcame your shyness and you looked up reassuring him, "No, it's okay. I was lost in thought, I usually get a little spaced out in the morning. I'm y/n," you smiled shyly. 

As your hand and his hand made contact you gasped as you felt for the second time that day a whirlwind of scents hitting you. Kirishima gaped at you with a large smile on his face, but confusion in his eyes about what had just happened, "Why can I suddenly see much better," he thought aloud, before noticing that he was talking to you and looking down with some blush dusting his cheeks. You understood immediately though explaining to Kirishima, "My mom used to tell me that you would lose a sense that your soulmate was strong in and one day when you make hand-to-hand contact with them, you would experience your first sense "reveal". the next sense would be regained through a more passionate exchange." "Passionate how," he asked, too innocent to understand what you meant causing you to blush before answering, "Well, my mom always told me it was like a cliche movie. A kiss by your soulmate." 

He blushed the color of his hair before getting a toothy grin and walking over to you and leaning over and kissing your cheek, "Sorry, I couldn't help myself you're just so cute when you blush. And I know we just met, but I can't wait to get to know you." You could smell the scent from earlier radiating from his hair, but you were stunned silent at the kiss and you felt everything on your face burning and you were pretty sure that your face was a shade darker than his hair. You couldn't help but feel the butterflies in your stomach at his touch and you felt yourself smiling as you thought about how kind and adorable he was when he talked to you. You noticed he was eagerly waiting for a response so you looked in his beautiful ruby-colored eyes and smiled at him, "It's fine, I'm excited as well. I can't wait to get to know you too, Kirishima," you added blushing softly and smiling. That day, you finally began to understand what your parents told you about life was beginning to look much sweeter with Kirishima's appearance.