Shoto Todoroki X reader: Similar Interests (Soulmate AU)

Ever since quirks became a common thing for people to have, soulmate links became a thing too and even though they were less common than quirks.

As you grew up, you began to feel a strong feeling of resentment and irritation towards the number 2 hero, Endeavour even though you never had any reason for these feelings. You started to get used to having strange new interests and began to understand that you were one of the lucky few to have a soulmate identifier, but you couldn't possibly know how to find your soulmate through these interests.

When you started the support class at UA, you couldn't help but love the workshop and working on different projects, and your quirk allowed you to build different inventions from small amounts of supplies. You also loved to cook different meals especially your favorite food, f/f. As you worked in the workshop, you started to admire the hero classes 1A and 1B for having such amazing quirks that allowed them to be heroes. On a particular day in the workshop, one of the kids from Class 1-A walked in and you noticed his amazing matching heterochromatic hair and eyes. "Hey, is there anything you need?" He placed down the bag that held his costume in it, "This needs to be fixed, it got damaged." You were taken aback by his honest and short answers but you continued on with standard procedures when you received costume repairs, "Okay sure, what's your name and class." "Shoto Todoroki, class 1-A." With those words, he left you to fixing his equipment. After a few hours of fixing, you finally finished the last adjustments when you went to put it back into the classroom and as you turned into the classroom you knocked into someone causing the backpack and all of its contents onto the floor. "I'm so sorry," you bent down helping pick up the magazines when you noticed the different food magazines and crafting magazines while you glanced at the person seeing that it was Todoroki. "Hey I noticed that you have these magazines. Do you like to cook," "I like soba noodles, but recently I like to cook them too," he instantly replied. You smiled up at him with enthusiasm, "I love soba noodles. I recently got into cooking to learn a good soba recipe, but I also liked cooking other foods." There was a silence that seemed to fall over the two of you as you kept handing him stuff when finally he spoke, "What are your feelings on Endeavour," and you were surprised at the random question before remembering one of your classmates telling you about how he was the son of Endeavour. "What a random question, but if I'm being honest I don't know why but I kind of hate him. I have for the longest time." He had a shocked look on his face before finally speaking, "I think you may be my soulmate." The response surprised you, but there was only one surefire way to find out. "The only way to know is to touch each other and see if there is a spark. That's the one common trait in all of these soulmate links." "Okay," he nodded his head and resumed packing things into his backpack while you finished handing him his school stuff.

As you handed him back the last of the magazines, your hand just barely grazed his hand and you felt a static shock and your eyes widened at the prospect of him being your soulmate. "Did you feel that. I guess you are my soulmate," you looked at him expectantly, "Yeah." you smiled at him as you stood up handing him his costume, "This is all fixed up now. And as a thank you, we could get to know one another at this new soba place that opened up." You saw his face get a slight tint of blush before he gave you a small smile, "I would like that."