When Sparks Fly (Denki Kaminari X Reader: Soulmate AU)

For some reason, when quirks occurred so did soulmate lines and other such stuff. You got stuck with a relatively simple quirk though, you could only see the colors that didn't have to deal with your soulmate's eye color, but you didn't mind it since the colors seemed to be yellows and oranges, which from what you were told were very aggressively bright colors. You were walking with your business class friends writing down different abilities and quirks knowing when you managed your own business that it would come in handy for hiring different heroes. As you watched the cavalry battle, you found yourself watching the heroes from Class 1A especially since they were attacked at the USJ. During the one on one tournament though, you were especially intrigued as you watched the first battle almost end in an instant. Your hands were starting to cramp as you continued writing notes on everyone's quirks, but your quirk allowed you to see the different abilities and weaknesses of everyone's quirks, a pretty handy quirk for someone wanting to create a hero business.

 "Hey what color is that guy's hair? Is it gray or yellow because if he has electricity powers, it's probably yellow or orange, but...," you rambled to the business third year next to you, "His hair is yellow making his electricity quirk pretty obvious," he answered back before mumbling, "But that power is quickly short-circuited if he overexerts himself as you can see when he was restrained."After the battle between the equally matched Midoriya and Todoroki, you were walking to grab a water and a snack while simultaneously organizing all of the notes, and you managed to miss a step tripping and falling down the rest of the stairs feeling something in your wrist make a loud sound as you landed on it. You looked around hoping to hear someone coming towards you to help you up or at least ask if you were okay, but of course, you were ignored and you stood up trying to grab your papers when your wrist started throbbing with sharp pain. 

 You used your good wrist to fix up the papers and you walked around the stadium trying to find Recovery Girl's office when you noticed a large group sitting outside her office. "Excuse me," you spoke as you used your free arm to nudge your way through. All of the people were talking oblivious to you trying to get by until finally someone accidentally tapped you on the shoulder causing you to drop all of the notes for the second time that day. You couldn't make out what Recovery Girl was saying as you leaned down to pick all your notes up but all of a sudden, the large group started to move around you, but spreading your papers around, "No wait," you shouted, "Those are my notes from the festival." You chased them down forgetting about the pain in your wrist and gathering almost them all until you realized that the notes you had on the battle against electric quirk and the plant quirk were gone. As you restacked your papers, your wrist really began to throb to the point that you felt like crying, but you moved back to Recovery Girl's room knowing that your name was on all the notes you had in case you ever lost them. After Recovery Girl healed you, you looked around for the notes hoping to find them, but they were gone, and not wanting to lose any more time looking for them, you rushed back to the business section of the stadium and immediately began to write. The notes weren't detailed especially since Recovery Girl demanded that you lay off the injured hand even if it were slightly healed, but you didn't want to miss out on scoping the most powerful people in your year so you were writing with your less dominant hand. 

After the last one-on-one fight occurred, you cautiously gathered your papers up and placed them in your f/c canvas bag completely forgetting about the missing papers. As you left the stadium and began to walk towards your house when you heard someone yelling, "Y/n, wait. I have your papers," and you turned around seeing one of the competitors from the Sports Festival holding your papers in his hand. Your quirk popped up showing you that he had an electricity quirk and you noticed that his hair was extremely frizzy sticking up everywhere as though he were exposed to static, and you immediately thought of the color of his hair that the third year had told you, "Thank you. I was looking for these everywhere," you sighed in relief before taking them from the beaming boy. You put the papers back into your canvas bag, "What do I need to do to repay you," and he rubbed his hands through his hair before getting a cheeky smile, "Maybe a date." You blushed surprised before rolling your eyes at the now obvious flirtatious boy, "I don't even know your name and you want me to repay you with a date." "Fine. Fine, you have a point. I'm Kaminari, Denki," he said before extending his hand out towards yours, "Y/n," you said taking his hand in yours and you looked into his eyes when bright colors burned into your eyes. 

You felt yourself relishing the appearance and you noticed the astonishing bright hair color and you couldn't help but love the halo effect it seemed to have on Kaminari. "Did you see that! The world got more color just by being around me. It's fate," he played it off at first until he realized the situation, "Wait, we're soulmates aren't we" You looked at his face which reflected shock and confusion, "Yeah, we are, and you know what, you have a point. I'll make an offer if you want we could go on one date. Just one date," Kaminari beamed up at you before agreeing, "I'll take it. Did you want me to walk you home?" You smiled at Kaminari enjoying how the world seemed to get brighter when he got happy and how energetic he seemed to be realizing how adorable he was, "Sure, let's go Kaminari." He held his hand out towards you and you blushed before you took his hand and started on your way.