Chapter 3 - The Headmistress

The trip was long and quiet but for the record, peaceful. The three huddled up together, sleeping through the roads.

Amber light showered the trio as they woke up from their rather long nap. They had been traveling for like, 9 hours now? The sun was already on its merry way going down the horizon.

Keiko let out a yawn. "How many hours til we arrive, Driver Sinth?"

However the older student answered it for him. "About 30 minutes to an hour, I think?" 3 months had passed since his last time at the school, plus he doesn't really pay any mind to the institution at all.

"Welp, I guess I'm just going to go to sleep then.." Keiko continued as he went back to his sleepy position. Not long dozing off afterwards leaving the ravenette and the brunette awake in the backseat.

"I wonder. Is things going to be the same as before? " a worried look stretched on Haruka's face. She was shaking. "Why am I shaking? Everything's going to be fine, right?" And much to her discomfort, the older boy noticed it as well.

"Are you okay?" he asks as he places his hand over hers. His heart was racing. "Stop that, goddammit." "You're shaking."

A shy nod. She looked out on the window. Children were playing outside. Volleyball. They all looked so happy. Carefree.

"I wonder, can I be like that too?"

"If you want to play volleyball then we can play that at the school tomorrow!" Shin suggested making her turn back to him. "We can use the school's gym since the beggining of classes happens 4 days from now. Not a lot of students are going to be at the school by then."

"Really?" she asked. The thought of having fun while no one is watching. Nobody can make fun of her. Playing without powers.

He smiled which was very effective and she could only look away blushing. Adding much more ego points to Shinzuki who was now internally patting himself at the back for making her flustered.

The remainder of the trip consisted of laughing, chatting, the annoying snoring of Keiko Hashaflor and the subtle flustering of the two idiots who were secretly (and one is obliviously) pining for one another.

Their little road trip came to a stop when the driver pulled off inside a gate where a magnificent building made of marble stood.

"It's like a castle.." Haruka thought to herself at first sight of it.

Alceria Academy. One of the most elite schools of the entirety of the Eternal Kingdom. Only the best, most talented, most knowledgeable and most powerful are allowed such an education. But there is a sweet wee way that you can get into such a school.

Money and connections.

Two large towers and a huge dome was the first thing you'd see once you've entered the gates. Or maybe the grand front garden and the fountain with Cupid's statue as well. But that's not the point.

Haruka was dead anxious.

One by one, they left the car and stepped on the brick ground, looking up, the shadows engulfed the school as the sun sets and out came the moons, Lunaris Major and Lunaris Minor. It was truly a breathtaking sight to behold.

Keiko was beyond excited. Stars began swirling in his eyes now and drool almost came out of his mouth. "He really looks happy." Haruka happily commented.

The driver said his farewells as he drives back to the estate. But not before the three waving their goodbyes to him.

A sigh escaped Driver Sinth as he looks on the three one last time. "Have a good time here, okay? Don't push yourselves too hard."