Chapter 10: A Headmistress' Speech

Briefly after lunch, the group of four made their way into the auditorium. The eldest leading the way–or rather, were following the crowd.

Haruka kept close to Shinzuki. Her small frame holding onto his arm, forming a small blush run across her face.

Unknown to her, the boy was internally screaming "YES!" He tried his best not to show he was but the way his ears turned pink was betraying him.

Their other friend looked over them and only chuckled. "They're both idiots." he thought silently as he smiles at their antics.

The long crowd went to a turn a room afterwards and they so followed.

It was big, if Haruka were to describe it. And cold. A sea of chairs rile up going down, cornering a stage with a few curtains decorating it and a podium with the school's symbol.

A yellow-pink diamond.

Haruka was slightly intimidated by the amount of people inside. Not to count the possibility of someone recognizing her from the earlier fight.

The fear of a spotlight shining down her abruptly spiraled down her senses. Maybe they didn't care. Oh how she wished they didn't. But the feeling of the crowd staring at her. Boring pores onto her soul, it was frightening.

Berry noticed her friend shiver in the dark. Instinct led her to believe that she was shuddering because of the cold air the auditorium had.

"Are you cold?" she asked making the brunette flinch at the sudden question. She quickly shook her head and hands moved in a motion that says 'no.'

"I'm fine.." she replies in a quiet voice. She didn't want her other two friends to hear and suddenly act extra just to make her comfortable. "I'm just... overwhelmed."

The dark skinned girl next to her only spared her a long look before she nodded and smiled. Turning around to chat with the person next to her. A pang of jealousy came over her.

"She isn't obliged to be only my friend." Haruka thought to herself. "I should start socializing myself but I don't even know how.."

The lights inside started dimming and the chattering amongst the crowd began to stop. Lights shone on the stage. To be precise, on the podium where the school crest held–to much of Haruka's anxiety.

In a huff of smoke, the headmistress magically appeared and the crowd went nuts.

"AAAAAAAA IT'S HER!!!"

"NOTICE ME HEADMISTRESS-SENPAI!"

"KYAAAA~~ SHE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL!"

Haruka looked in awe over the students below their seats. Yes, their headmistress is hot but she never would've expected almost all of the students swoon over the middle aged witch.

Basically, she deadpanned over her schoolmates.

"Good afternoon, Alcerians!" the crowd went wild. "I am the one and only, Lucinda Sherlocks! The 21st headmistress of this academy and as you know, another year another set of activities that we'll all delve in."

With a whip of her wand, a screen lit up behind her causing the students' screaming to stop.

Haruka leaned over to see wheter or not her friends had stopped swooning but both Shinzuki and Keiko eyed the headmistress was a lack of enthusiasm. A thin line stretched across the both of their faces.

"Atleast they aren't swooning like the others. I guess we still have some normal people going to school."

"Now, I know that my speeches usually happen early in the morning right before classes starts but..." she paused looking around the crowd as if looking for a specific somebody. "We had a little trouble with something orsomeone and had to reschedule the speech until this afternoon."