Chapter 8: Whisper

Haruka was now a hundred and thousand million percent sure she had truly fucked up.

Not that she was the one at fault or there is something at fault in the first place but...

"HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE FIGHTING SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!" she yelled in shock and probably a mix of anger.

I mean, who wouldn't.

These kids come to this school (who may or may not be forced from their parents) to find good education. Not to be killed in their first day

"This isn't even how an introduction works, Professor! We're going to get killed!"

Professor Egret let out a hearty laugh as he petted the fae ever so calmly.

"I know!" he smiled which made the students more confused. "Now, you're all going in groups of three. When I say your names you come up on this platform and fight."

Most of the students shook their heads in fear and disapprovement.

"Now, our lucky first contendants are..."

~

She was lucky she wasn't called in first. If so she would've just yeeted herself out to the void.

Instead of moping around and drowning in their own anxiety and fear like the other students, she chose to observe the fight instead.

"You seem to be interested." Keiko sighed as she looked over him. "Aren't you nervous?"

"Oh I am." she replied hastily. Keiko let out a little chuckle and looked at the fight before them.

The witch was throwing potions at the cat. Trying her hardest to see if any of them can penetrate the thing.

The demoness was trying her best to shoot one of it's legs with her beams. But to her disappointment, she always fails. She was persistent though!

And lastly, the purrsian was trying it's best to soothe the cat. What's it gonna do to him? Spare him because he was part cat like the creature itself? No. It just toyed around with him as he cried for help.

Professor Egret was definitely not pleased. He expected more from his students. What made them worth it to for them to come to this school anyways when their best performance was this.

"This looks like something out from a circus show!" he screamed internally. "Such disappointments!"

A pained shout came from the purrsian as he was now chewed alive by the cat. His classmates look at him with a face of worry and his group mates tried saving him only to be scratched by the giant claws of the cat.

Egret sighed and snapped making the cat stop and drop the purrsian. As if like a robot.

Oh the duties of an elf. He gradually healed the trio and the three ran back to the rest of the class as fast as they could went the path to the second largest mushroom reappeared.

"It seems like most of you aren't ready to come to this school at all." Egret lectured, clearly irritated. "But that's not gonna stop me from doing this."

Pulling out the tablet from his lab coat, he yelled the following three to come up and face the beast.

"Harithsworld."

"Haruka."

"Hashaflor."

Fuck.

Everything stopped.

HOW THE HELL IS IT MY TURN ALREADY?!

The girl felt the tugging of her sleeves by her blonde friend who was now looking over with probably the saddest look she has ever seen on him.