Chapter 5 - Berry Revecian

"Today's the day."  Haruka thought as indulges in the coldness of the water. "Remember what you planned, just stay low and no one will ever notice."

Closing the shower tap, she went outside of the bathroom only to find suitcases in the floor beside the couch.

"That's.... weird."  She didn't remember seeing those before.

Approaching the suitcases, a hand reached out to her shoulder making her yell in surprise.

"THE FUCK?!" turning around, she met probably the most beautiful girl she had ever laid eyes upon. With light dark skin and straight hair. Paired with deep blue orbs that bore into your soul.

She was dead drop gorgeous.

"Hi!" she waved at her. The brunette, still in her towel was flabbergasted.

"O-oh, hi!" she waved back. Probably a bit shy because she just spent the last 10 seconds staring at the girl. Not that the other girl didn't mind at all.

A chuckle let out from the girl and raised her hand to give out a shake. "I'm Berine Revecian. But you can also call me Berry. I'm your roommate."

"Haruka." she reached out and they shook hands. Her face was still a bit red from that.

Berry looked over at her and let out a laugh. Confused, she looked over at herself to see that she was still in a towel.

"I think you should get changed before we talk a bit." Berry smiled and she nodded, barely running to her room and slamming the door shut.

Berry could only stare and laugh at her roommate's antics.

~

"So, when did you arrive? You're here early than most students." Berry says as she takes a sip out of her orange juice.

"A few days ago. My foster mother said that I should be more familiar with the place beforehand."

Berry stared at her and gave a worrying look.

An "Oh..."  escaped her lips as she heard the word 'foster.' A million things running in her mind.

Haruka seemed to have knew right away what she was talking about and quickly dismissed her.

"Nonono! It's actually great! We live a good life and all." she mumbled. Even though she didn't really knew of her life before she did have a good time at the Azren's.

And only the Azren's.

An uncomfortable silence wafted over the two until Berry stood up from the counter and went to her room.

Seconds later she came out with her phone in her hands. Haruka stared at the device as she hands it over to the girl.

"Uh... Are you giving me your phone?" Haruka asked in confusion. "I already have a phone of my own."

Berry laughed and opened the contacts.

"No silly. I just thought I'd get your number. We can be buddies you know?" she says with a smile that shines ever so brightly.

And Haruka, upon seeing such a beautiful person grace her beauty upon her, happily obliged.

She smiled happily looking at the new number in her contacts. A new friend! And hopefully somebody who wouldn't look down upon her since she doesn't really have anything to show.

"Just wait til Shinnie and Keiko know about this!" she threw her fists in the air in her mind.

"Now then," Berry said as she sat back on her chair. The juice spinning around the cup as she twirls it slowly. "Would you mind telling me about yourself?"