Chapter 7 - Homeroom

A pang of relief washed over Haruka when she knew she shared most of her classes with Keiko.

"My mother actually helped with your schedule. She made sure that every class that Keiko can manage, he will put him there as well." or as Shin says.

Berry was at the class next door. Phew. Atleast she wasn't that far away from her.

Sweat pooled down her thighs. How does classes even work?!

Haruka glanced over at the students around them who were busy getting to know each other. They looked like they knew what they were doing. How jealous was she of them.

"Do you want to be friends with the class?" Keiko, who was seating to her left by the window, asked.

"E-eh?! No! What do you mean friends? I don't wanna be friends!" she stammered.

None of the class paid attention to her words which was to her delight. God knows what they would do when they heard that.

"It's not that hard you know. I mean, I know that you've been really self-conscious for the last couple of years but," he stopped and looked at me with sincere eyes. "Having someone more than us can be good too."

There was nothing wrong with making new friends. She doesn't see anything wrong with that. Keiko had a point.

But she was the one who was wrong. What if they didn't want her because she was useless? What if they don't think that she even deserves to step foot in this academy?

Remember the plan. Stay low.

"I'm good." she says with a little hand wave.

Keiko looked at her with a sad face and got up on his feet.

"Knock yourself out then. I'm going to make some new friends."

She was ready to go to a sleeping position in her desk after he left. But...

"Just, call me when you need me. Okay?" he last said as he walks away.

She observed as he went on ahead and mingled with a guy with brown hair and red eyes. His skin was dark as the night with unruly red locks.

They seem like they're having fun.

A few minutes went by and the professor had entered the room. He had a whimsical look to him. A monocle on his left eye and a pipe in his right hand. Ruffled violet locks cover half of his face. He had violet eyes that looked like they could pierce through you. His ears were pointed and so were his nails.

"An elf."  She thought to herself.

"I'm Professor Egret Falls. An elf." his hands run down the board writing his name. "And I'm going to be the homeroom and also science teacher for class 1-3."

The class went on pretty smoothly after that. Solemnly answering in a monotone voice every after question.

Except of course for Haruka who could basically die out of the heat now.

"Now since you know the basic fundamentals of this school. I guess it's rather time you kiddos introduce yourselves."

The class emitted a long groan. Of course. Introductions. The one thing Haruka dreaded the most out of this.

With a snap of his fingers, the entire room changed. From the cream colored classroom walls turned into a black void embroided with stars. Floating glowing colored mushrooms spread out and an especially huge one appeared before them.

"Wow what is this?"

"The room changed!"

"Is that a battlefield?"

"HOLY FUCK GLOWING MUSHROOMS YUMMY."

The teacher scowled at the last statement.

"You are right. This is a battlefield." with confidence, he stepped forward onto the next mushrooms as if accidentally slipping and falling into the endless darkness is just nothing.

"Remember, you all go to Alceria Academy. One or probably the most priveleged school in this kingdom. And no, we do not do things the normal way here."

Step by step he walked until he had finally reached the large platform. Raising both his arms like hugging the air, he let out a laugh that definitely creeped the hell out most of the students.

"And I, Egret Falls want to be extra." with a snap of his fingers again, the ground began to shake. Most students held out to each other to avoid falling.

Turning back to the homeroom teacher, they gasped surprised at the creature behind him. A giant blob of fur which was maybe over 8 feet tall loomed over them with its blue-grey irises.

"You guys will fight this little fae until it's weak enough to get on it's two front feet!" he yelled in the air which was followed by a roar from the giant cat behind him.

All the students stared at each other in confusion. The saliva of the cat dripping over some of them.

"WHAAAAATTTTTT??!!!!!!"

================================

Ooop. This was much more fun than I actually expected. (alsoyesimtotallymakingthisatwoparterbecauseisaysosoimsorryfortherathershorterchapter)

Also yes. The teacher is 100% inspired by Tsuchigomori. Yes I stan the spider man pls marry me daddy long legs aidgfhsmfjendjfb.

(Funny thing was the teacher was originally going to be a girl and inspired by a real teacher I had but she's a bitch now so like, OUTT)

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading this one!

- Avariex