Chapter 9: The Aftermath

Her legs were wobbly and were moving against her will. Mind clouded with millions and millions of thoughts as she makes her way out to the bussing hallway avoiding the whispers and stares the other students were giving her.

"What in the actual fuck happened?"

Everything went by so fast. One minute she was kicking a fae's leg for her dear life and the next it fell on it's back because of her power kick.

To be fair, she does pack quite the punch for she has trained herself to be physically fit.

But that didn't matter right now! Feeling as dead as ever and confused, she met up with Shinzuki and Berry who were running up to her with both a worrisome expression and one that's filled with curiosity.

"Haruka! Are you okay?" Berry said checking up to see if she had any bruises. "I heard about what happened earlier."

Ah yes. Word do spread fast. And she didn't like where this was going.

"EVERYTHING'S GOING OUT OF PLAN! THIS IS LITERALLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I INTENDED TO DO!"

"I'm fine." she lied.

Shinzuki eyed her with a stern look and gave a long sigh of relief. She was okay. And that's all that matters.

Not really. They have a huge problem right now because rumours of a certain brunette freshman happened to topple over a high leveled fae that was raised by probably the most extra professor in campus.

Keiko silently comforted his friend by patting her on the back. Mumbling words of comfort as an effort to atleast calm her down.

Shinzuki wasn't having any of it.

He had planned of meeting his friends again (minus the black haired girl. He's scared shit of her) after the first half and eat lunch together.

This wasn't part of his agenda at all.

Berry looked up to see a squinting Shinzuki. Swiftly thinking of a plan in his head. But what plan?

Everything came to a stop when the school speaker system rang. An announcement!  The students thought.

"Good noon, Alcerians."  a voice boomed. "This short broadcast is here to remind you of the headmistress' speech that would be held at the auditorium at 1:30 pm."

Whispers began circulating again. Most of them among the older students murmuring about why was this year's speech was later than usual.

" The event is mandatory and all students are advised to fill up the hall by 1:15. That would be all, have a good day."

The familiar sound of a school bell ringing echoed through the halls. And just like that, the short broadcast ended leaving the students to continue what they were bustling all about earlier.

"Huh, that's weird. This year's speech is a few hours too late." a new voice emerged surprising the blonde and the brunette.

"Oh! Didn't mean to scare you guys. Woops!" a boy, probably a few inches taller than Shinzuki appeared before them flashing a smile and a little wave. He was wearing a sweater with a little aesthetically designed kermit at the center. His long white hair that reached his shoulders sway effortlessly as he moves and his two rabbit ears twitch ever so slightly.

"O-oh, it's alright!" Haruka chuckled nervously. Obviously a bit nervous.

"Yo Prescott," Shinzuki gave him a wave. Both shared a tight embrace afterwards which lead Haruka to short circuit a little. "Haven't seen you in a while."

The Usagin shifts his attention to the two, rather surprised friends and went close to observe them. Maybe a little too close which ended up with Shinzuki to pull him away.

"Ah! You two must be the Keiko and Haru Zuki talks about." he says with a gentle smile.

"Zuki?" the remaining three asked.

Prescott motioned over to the black haired boy whose head was on the clouds.

"You mean Shin?" Keiko asked which made Prescott giggle which turned into a huge laughing fit.

"Really? Shin? Damn Zuki I didn't know you were called by a–"

The latter covered the boy's mouth before he can even dare finish. "Don't even try finishing it." The bunny boy only nodded in fear.

When he was no longer in the shorter boy's grasp. He began introducing himself.

"My name is Prescott Alegaio by the way." his small yellow eyes gleaming. "And I'm Zuki–or Shin's playmate. So to speak. I just chill with him sometimes in his form and play some games."

"Oh." Haruka muttured.

"I'm Keiko Hashaflor and this is our buddy Haruka. Oh, and that girl over there is Berine Revecian." The blonde covered for his still calculating friend.

"Yeah yeah." Shinzuki muttured, finally going back to reality. "Don't you have somewhere else to go to, Scott?"

The other boy shrugged and moved towards his friend. Whispering something in his ear.

Well, whatever it is it had to be something weird to make the boy's face flush red afterwards.

"I guess I'm off to my room now." Prescott waved goodbye to the group of friends. "It was nice meeting you all!"

They waved him goodbye back and their minds went back to what was before.

Haruka, once again, was dying of confusion from what she had done.

Shinzuki however already had a plan kicking in motion in his brain.

Maybe some lunch would take her mind off some things.

================================

Aye... haha... So I'm not really feeling well on writing today. Maybe writer's block. Maybe I have just not written at the right day. I don't know. I'm just not feeling like it.

Also this is one of the chapters I really hate. Maybe I'll edit this later when I finally get some sleep because it's currently 4 am when I'm writing this but maybe I won't and die hard like Mitsuba.

Jkjk. I'll probably fix this chapter once I edit out the whole book when it's finished. No, I will not do any rewrites anymore because it is tiring plus, I can't seem to focus on other stories if I keep on rewriting this one.