Chapter 4 - Alone

Two days.

They still have two days til the beggining of school. She has two days until the beggining of school.

And yet, why was her heart shaking? She was afraid, duh. But of what?

"If I could just lay low, no one would know right?" she thought to herself wandering the halls of the academy. It really was regal. Quite the upgrade from the last school she went to.

Shin and Keiko were off to do some "boy stuff" as they say thus leaving her alone. Now bored she wanders the school. Maybe taking a look at the entirety of the academy before classes start for familiarity.

"It's quiet." the first thing she notices as she walks through ivory halls. "It's like a palace though."

Something wasn't right. She didn't want the feeling. The feeling of being alone. She felt defenseless. Who were to protect her now when both her friends were gone? Who will defend her as she cries onto one of their shoulders? Who–

The sudden footsteps surprised her. It was only a group of students. A sigh of relief escaped her lips. "I guess we're not the only ones who came early, huh?"

Easing her mind, she decided to go where her feet may take her. No thoughts, head empty as one might say.

The sound of waves crashing filled the area. Oh right. The school was close to the ocean. The brunette looked up and bathed in the sunlight. Warm...

"This looks like a good place to hang out." she looked around. She was overlooking the vast ocean. Ships and sailboats passing by in the horizon. A patch of grass and benches scatter around the area.

Feeling thirsty, the girl walked up to the Starbucks she saw a few blocks away from campus. Maybe a drink might soothe her down. Maybe.

"One Pink Drink please." the place was quite lively. Locals and some of the students chatter around as she sits and silently drinks her order, scrolling down in her phone looking for entertainment.

Or rather something to distract herself from the overwhelming wave of anxiety.

She remembers all too brightly. Her last year of school back when she was still in elementary.

A young brunette walked up to her class. It was such unfortunate that she and her two friends didn't get into the same class. Despite the protests of the two boys she remained alone in a classroom where all of her peers had despised her.

Whispers circulated as she sat in her chair. She paid no mind to it. She knew what they were talking about. It wasn't something new.

A note written in chalk was written all over her desk.

You're a freak

You're useless

Nobody needs you here

Who gave you the privelage to even go to this school with us?

Go kill yourself

She was used to it. But the tears wouldn't stop falling from her eyes. If only she could have her powers sprung up by now, all the bullying would stop.

But that was impossible. She knew. Tests were held and they all didn't help either. She was stuck in the state of being an 'unknown'.

The school year came to a close and as a new one comes, she was gone. So as her blonde friend. Only the ravenette remained and he was as cold as ever.

"It's like a fever dream." she said to herself scrolling through her instagram page. The pictures of food calming her down.

She would do anything just to keep herself hidden from the other students. Things could get worse now that she was in an elite school. Who knows what might happen to her.

"Laying low is probably the best option." 

Ding!

"A message." the girl presses the little devil character on her screen.

Shinnie ×
Yo Haru, we're at the game shop. What do you want?
Want us to buy you some manga? They have some pretty sick ones here.

She silently types back.

× Haru
Nah. I'm good.
Btw im at Starbucks rn. You both want something? But you both gotta pay me later though.

A laughing emoji only came as a reply.

Shinnie ×
Nevermind, I don't want to owe you any money 😅

She snickered and kept the phone in her pocket. Her cup was empty thus it was time to leave.

"Just don't make yourself noticeable." she mumbled to herself as she exited the cafe.

================================

Nah I don't like this chapter. Idk it just feels bland? I'll probably rewrite this soon. ONLY THIS CHAPTER LMAO (I'm so sick of rewriting this story again and again even though I already have the entire plot line summed up in my head)

Anyways, I'll try to post another one this week, hopefully it would be better than this chapter and easier to understand because I do not get anything with this chapter.

(Btw, it was very tempting not to make a jshk reference at the last line)

~Your very ditsy author
Avariex