Chapter 6 - Interrogation Time

Tapping can be heard across the room as she awaits her response.

This has always been a habit of Berine Revecian. Getting to know people before she could fully give them their trust.

She knows too well of what happens when she gives her trust to the wrong person.

And she couldn't risk that happening again.

Stuttering can be heard from the red scarfed brunette. Pulling her scarf, covering her face pretending that she was getting cold. When in reality she was basically going to die from the tension.

"How about we'll answer for you?" Shin raised his hand. "I mean we knew her all our lives. Of course we know some stuff about our dear ol' Haru. Ain't that right, Keiko?"

Keiko nodded and gave her a thumbs up.

Haruka wouldn't know what to do if they weren't here. She promised her self that she would buy them something later.

"So, Miss Revecian. What do you want to know?" Shin asked with a sly smirk.

Out of all the things in the world, Berry found males the last thing she wanted to confide in.

Who could help it. All the males she knew in her whole life, aside her relatives of course, only wanted her for their own pleasure and pride. No male she stumbled across never wanted to know her for her. They only want her body and beauty.

That smirk he gave sent off alarms in her head. "Typical cocky bastard."

"Why is this happening?" Keiko asked Haruka who was also nervous.

"I don't know either but it's fun to watch." Haruka replied with a nervous chuckle.

"First of all, she's living with me and my family back in our estate. Same with Keiko over here." he started. "We found her in the forest one day and decided that maybe taking her in is for the best."

Haruka looked over at Shin and blushed. But something isn't right here either, she thought.

"Wait, why is he telling my backstory to a stranger he just met a few minutes ago?"

"She didn't develop any ability. To add with that we also don't have any information about her heritage and origin. She's like an enigma you know."

He paused and looked over her and smirked widely.

"Okay now he's teasing me." Haruka deadpanned.

"When we were young, people didn't really find her a good person to hang out with. Probably because she was an 'unknown.' They were paranoid that her condition was contagious. Thus she was left out and bullied a lot in her childhood."

Berry laughed at his statement which scared the trio a bit.

"That's stupid to be honest. Why would they avoid her when clearly she just hasn't sprung yet."

A wave of relief washed over the three. Ah. So she was laughing over that.

"You get the drill right?" Shin asked. "So she and Keiko got home schooled and I continued to go to a regular school against my will."

"And now she's here in Alceria after a long time of being confined in your home." Berry continued looking over at her Haruka with a calm face.

Shin nodded and walked over at the girl whom he was talking about.

"She's really precious to us. We wouldn't want anything like that to happen to her ever again." he took her hands and embraced her knuckles. "So please, if you ever thought that she was weird for being ability-less, don't be. This is her first time interacting with the outside world in a long time."

A sigh escaped Berry's lips as she stood up. The three looked at her. Fear began rising up inside Haruka again.

So she's basically useless then? She sucks.

She doesn't even deserve to go to this school!

I can't believe I have a pathetic loser as a roommate.

Such a shame.

"But I don't." she lets out a smile that could compare to that of Aphrodite. "I don't judge people based on their strength and power. It all depends on what is in the inside, right?"

Haruka looked over at the girl, her eyes were wide but her mouth remained closed. She tried stopping the tears that came running down from her eyes.

"Ah–" she said as more tears began to pour down. Keiko and Shin came to her side in a flash and began comforting the girl.

"I'm sorry," she said in between hiccups. "I'm just so–hic!"

Berry came over to the girl and rubbed her hands against her back to soothe the crying.

"Shush.." she said in a gentle voice. "Look, whatever is troubling you before, they're gone now okay? They don't matter anymore."

That didn't really helped with the tears that was still raining down her face but it did soothe her feelings out.

Never had she ever imagined that someone in her life would accept her for who she is. Mostly people would think that she doesn't even deserve to get the life that she had right now.

I mean, she did live in a mansion under the care of one of the kingdom's most successful CEOs, her son and their other adopted foster child but people tend to look over that.

She excused herself and ran into the bathroom. The other three completely understood her and let her be. Continuing their breakfast as Haruka pours all of her emotions down in the bathroom.

Maybe she was the dream girl friend she had wished for all along. And things would probably start to get fine as time goes along.

Meanwhile the other three happily opened their selves to each other.

A wave of happiness struck in within Shin and Keiko. Maybe it's because she have found who cares for her. Maybe because she finally had somebody other than them in her life.

A few minutes later, the four cleaned their dishes and headed out to their classrooms with pure glee.

But something inside Haruka bubbled up again.

"Oh. Wait, how do classes work, again?!"

================================

Aye. Double update. That's nice I guess. Trying to make up for all the weeks without posting anything.

Istg this story is really slow at progressing but atleast we finally have the first day of school after six chapters. I wonder, how does things go on for our dear protagonist? Find out next time once I remember to post a new chapter again.