Chapter 4 A New Queen

Chapter 4

A New Queen

"So we need a way to get to Evalius," Aria said to Myrtle the next morning, "and none of the fairies, even Adora, will help me. She says Verna forbids it because of my parents."

Aria and Vanessa sat on top of the desks in front of Myrtle's desk. Today, Mr. Conner was doing the entire Homeroom so the girls used this time for discussion with their fairy teacher.

"Ah yes, Verna does take pride in forbidding things," Myrtle said, casually. "If the only reason you came here was to complain about her, you're just wasting time."

"We came to you because we need you to take us to Evalius," Aria said, firmly. "I need to talk to Kendal."

Myrtle looked at both girls and sighed. "I hate to say it, but I have no intention of taking you two to Evalius."

"What?" Vanessa gasped at her. "Come on. I thought you were supposed to be the cool fairy."

Myrtle raised her brow at her for a moment but then chuckled.

Aria grew frustrated and demanded, "Why not? I thought you didn't care about Verna's rules."

"I don't," Myrtle agreed. "But perhaps I still don't think you should go around Evalius."

Aria stood up and lashed, "How do you fairies expect me to rule one day if you all insist on treating me like a child? Besides, I thought my story was over anyway so I don't have anything to worry about."

"Our job is to protect you, Aria, and things are not normal in that world right now," Myrtle answered calmly. "Also, you are acting quite childish now."

Aria could feel her skin start to burn but shook her head. "You know, if you're not going to help me, I'm just going to go to Argarion and ask him to help me get to Evalius. Come on, Vanessa."

Vanessa slid off the desk and started to follow Aria to the door. When Aria placed her hand on the door handle, Myrtle said, "It's Kendal you need to talk to, correct? All you need is to ensure that she is in Bellaire next time you go to see her. I can do that for you."

"How?" Aria asked, apprehensively.

"I'm going to Evalius after school today," Myrtle said. "The next time you cross worlds, I guarantee you will find Kendal in Bellaire."

xXx

Myrtle went straight to the other world after school. She planned to make a trip to Evalius but first she stopped by the fairy coven, finding Verna and Adora alone.

When Verna caught sight of Myrtle, her eyes narrowed. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be keeping close watch of Princess Aria. You haven't brought her here, have you?"

"Relax, Verna," Myrtle replied, exasperated. "Aria should be safe home with her parents by now. You should be thanking me as I refused to take her to Evalius because of your rule."

"It was her parents', the king and queen, order," Verna said firmly. "It's probably best the princess doesn't cross worlds for a while, at least not until we get things back in order here."

Myrtle raised her eyebrow. "And how are you planning to do that, Verna? Even you don't seem to know what's going on."

"It started when Kendal crowned herself queen of Evalius," Verna answered, stiffly.