︵‿︵‿୨4୧‿︵‿︵

"Welcome trainees to your first day of training yaayy." The instructor said.

There was only a small chant of excitement.

"Yeah okay, let's get to the point. Performance people stay on this side," She gestured to the right side. "vocals this side," she gestured to the middle area. "and lastly rapping people, right over there! Thank you very much." she pointed to the left side.

Everyone went to their designated spots, which took longer than expected; it took about 5 minutes for people to find their spots.

"Okay yeah okay, I can work with this." The instructor breathed in, "Now we will be calling out names for each little station and you will be given a small folder requiring all your answers. If not just come here and ask me."

Once Mingyu's name was called he went to grab his folder.

"Roommates.. Wonwoo and Woozi.. Who the hell are these people?" Mingyu asked himself.

Mingyu regarded that and looked over at his schedule, "Schedule.. Training sessions Mondays, Wednesday's and Thursday's and off the rest." Mingyu said, "This is like school all over again."

"After this speech, I'll be giving you guys more time to look at the papers and ask questions. But even though the rules are already listed in the information area, I will review it since people are lazy to read. Okay! So, rules.. Dating is not allowed," The trainees groaned. "Hey you'll understand later so just let me talk." She paused before muttering under her breath, "Kids."

She rolled her eyes, "No partying or inviting friends to the-" Mingyu wasn't listening and instead dazed off, staring at a wall. "And last of all, obey the instructors. More rules may be added. Please anticipate!" The instructor smiled. "Now I'll be taking questions.."

Ugh the boring part. Mingyu was about to doze off to sleep.

☁️☁️☁️

"Finally it's over." Mingyu stretched his arms in front of the building where a lot of other trainees were looking at him.

Mingyu started to go back to his small apartment.

Until he accidentally wasn't looking and bumped into someone. Before Mingyu could look down to see if the person was alright, he heard his name.

"Mingyu??" The person asked.

Mingyu looked down to see...

"Suji?" Mingyu said.

It all made sense now.

"Were you the girl with long black hair?" He asked.

"What??"

"You just reminded me of someone I saw."

"Funny, cause you do too." Suji smiled brightly.

"Who??" He asked in curiosity.

"Someone named Mingyu!" She laughed.

☁️☁️☁️

"Of course it's the greatest Suji who doesn't know how to win a simple mobile game." Mingyu clicked just tongue.

Suji scoffed playfully before continuing, "You know what's crazy? When my sister suggested that it was a friend from high school, I had a feeling it was you, I don't know why." Suji said.

They were now sitting on grass in a small park, though it was dark, they didn't mind.

"Really? My friend also suggested that. I thought it was the girl who always lost her phone."

"Oh that girl.. I thought it was the boy who doesn't floss his teeth." They both laughed. It felt nice seeing and talking with each other after not being able to communicate.

"I remember us sitting at this spot when we were in high school." Mingyu said.

"Same, and I accidentally dropped my ice cream on your lap, then you chased me down with your ice cream trying to get revenge on me." They both laughed again..

"I'm surprised we couldn't communicate with each other back then. We didn't even keep in contact."

"I know.. I regretted that in so many ways." Suji admitted.

After graduating, they both started looking at different careers, forgetting about each other. Though they were best friends, their dreams caught up.

"Oh, right. You're in Pledis?" Suji asked.

"Yeah, I'm a trainee there, just got the news yesterday. How about you?"

"That's such a coincidence cause I got my news yesterday that I was a trainee in KEYEAST."

"Congratulations!!" Mingyu cheered with his hands.

"Congrats to you too, you worked hard." Suji said and cheered back.

"Let me get your number so we can actually, keep in contact." They exchanged numbers.

Suji looked down at her phone as he gave her phone back.

"We should really hang out som-" She looked up to see Mingyu's eyes locked on her.

Suji was still and looked back. What was she suppose to think?

Oh my gosh this is so awkward. How do boys have the confidence to do this?

Suji smiled without realizing and Mingyu noticed.

"Why are you smiling?" Mingyu asked, smiling.

"What no I'm not." Suji's smiled dropped.

After a bunch of catching up and cracking bad jokes, it was time to go home.

☁️☁️☁️

"Welcome welcome to your second day of training." The instructor said.

"Now, a new set of rules have been added." He said.

Suji wondered what the rules was.

"No phones allowed."

Suji widened her eyes.

Wait, no. How am I going to communicate with my family and friends?

"And... we're collecting phones now. Your phones will be handed back after trainee days are over."

Suji got her phone out and quickly typed a message to Mingyu.

Today 9:25AM

Suji👴🏻: Can't text anymore.. Getting my phone taken away. I'm sorry, meet at the park at 10PM?

"Ahem." One of the instructors said. Suji was able to send the message before putting it into the bin of phones.

"My phone.. How will I keep in contact with my family..?" Suji said and felt sad.

After all the phones have been collected, the instructor continued the rules.

"And the next rule is, no dating."

Suji's mouth dropped.

"Next rule, if you disobey the instructor, your trainee days will increase."

Suji frowned.

She didn't know how long she'll be a trainee for.

I guess I'll have to give it my all and work hard. Suji whispered to herself.

"There may be more rules added if needed. Now, please all go to designated classes."

Suji looked at her schedule.

The majority of her schedule for Tuesday is 7 hours of dancing, 5 hours of vocal training. And they may teach her some rap if it's needed.

Suji headed towards the dancing class. And who she saw there, she wasn't expecting at all.

Hwang Eunbi, her best friend in middle school.

~~~~~

it'll become interesting just wait-