Chapter 9

Ash's POV

Two days have passed since we visited Professor Sycamore's lab, we're also still here due to some reasons. First is that Leaf wants to stay, and Professor Sycamore was unexpectedly fine at that, so I had no choice. Second is that the professor from Galar wants to study our pokemons, so they also knew our special bond together with Greninja, and just like Gardevoir, they had the same expressions.

Today was just rather a normal day, and in fact, this day will be the time we head out, good thing Leaf didn't argued with me, she's probably longing to have another one too.

"Professor, we do think it's time to head out now." I stated to them, Professor Sakuragi, Gou, and Koharu is also around, we're having our breakfast.

"Yeah, I want to make another journey again!"Leaf cheered excitedly.

"Already? Well then, I can't stop you, finish your breakfast first before you head out." Professor Sycamore informed.

"Head out where?" Gou asked as he eats.

"Well, I don't know, want to go back to Unova Leaf?" I asked my non-biological sister.

"Yeah, I missed the Casteliacone there!" Leaf exclaimed excitedly.

"Calm down there Leaf." I said as we laughed at her behavior.

"You must've gone to countless exciting journey out there, Ash and Leaf." Professor Sakuragi commented.

"Yeah, we have no regrets, all of them paid off." Leaf said happily, still eating.

I noticed Koharu was just there, silently eating her food, I really don't mind her at all because maybe she's just that silent, but I also want her to open up just a bit, I was about to make a move when Professor Sakuragi just did it.

"Something wrong Koharu? You seemed off." Her dad said in a concerned matter.

"Uhh, n-no dad, I was just thinking about something..." She said, feeling embarassed.

"You can share it to us Koharu." Her dad assured her.

"It's just that..." She stuttered at that, I wonder what she's going to say.

With that being said, all eyes were now on her now, making her feel uneasy and embarassed at the same time, I can also notice her cheeks flaring up, I'm really curious about what she's going to say.

"I-It's just that..." She continued on, still stuttering.

"It's just that?" Her dad asked again.

She took a deep inhale before saying it.

"It's just that I want to come with them on their journey!" She quickly said.

All of us were now speechless, mostly her dad, Professor Sakuragi, Gou is also the same.

Wow, she must have mustered her courage before saying that.

"You want to come with them?" Her dad asked.

"Y-Yes dad, I know you won't let me go with them, because maybe I just met them few days ago, but you also won't let me go with just myself on a journey. You see dad, I've been longing to have an adventure, travel all regions, meet some new people and pokemons, do some battles, challenging gyms, joining pokemon leagues, or maybe become a performer or coordinator. I want to do all that, and maybe, just with them, I can do that, just with them, I can explore and experience a journey I can't forget." She explained, everyone of us were now speechless, especially her dad. Her Yamper went onto her lap, she hugged it in order to reduce some pressure in her.

Me and Leaf looked at each other, not really sure what to say.

"Sakuragi, even I can assure you a hundred percent that they will keep your daughter safe, I may know him for just a month, but he did already show good deeds, something so reasonable that he and his sister can be called great companions." Professor Sycamore added, Koharu looked at Professor Sycamore with hope, then back to her father.

"If your father will accept you going with him, I may not also go with you Koharu, I want to have my own journey, and one day, we will meet again and challenge Ash again in a battle." Gou explained, Koharu nodded in understanding.

"You know Koharu, I've been really concerned about you and you're pokemon, I've been waiting for you to say that, I'll gladly accept it, it's your decision, it's not for me to interrupt it, besides, your mother will be happy to hear it, but I'll just relay the message, and with that, I'll gladly accept you going with him on his journey." Sakuragi said and patted Koharu's head, Koharu smiled beautifully and hugged her father.

"But with that being said, Ash, will you accept Koharu as your traveling companion? Koharu can be clumsy sometimes, but I know she will help you in some things." Professor Sakuragi said, still petting Koharu's head.

"What do you say Leaf?" I asked my sister.

"It'll be great to have Koharu around, with that, I can have some girly talks with her, right Koharu?" Leaf said as she winked at Koharu, Koharu's cheeks flared up again.

"I don't quite underatand, but Koharu, welcome aboard! Please bare with us, especially Leaf here, she can ba handful sometimes." I said as I looked at the small girl beside me, she just glared at me, making my hands put up in defense.

"Thank you for letting me come with you Ash and Leaf, I won't let you down!" Koharu said happily.

"Thank you for accepting her Ash, I entrust you my daughter and her safety." Professor Sakuragi said.

"I won't let anything happen to her Professor, you can count on me and Leaf." I replied to him genuinely, Leaf posed her signature proud pose. Koharu giggled at it.

"So you're heading to Unova?" Professor Sakuragi asked.

"Sorry professor, but on the second thought, we may still think where we should head next." I said and scratched my head nervously.

"Why's that?" Professor Sakuragi asked.

"Because I have some errands back at Kanto, is it okay Koharu?" I asked the Galar girl.

"It's perfectly fine Ash, besides, I want to visit that place too." Koharu replied happily.

"Well then Ash, you said you're heading out later?" The Galar professor asked, I nodded in reply.

"Well then, why don't you get your things ready Koharu? We can't let your companions wait for you." The Galar professor said as he gazed at her daughter with sly look.

"Y-Y-Yeah, right, I'm on it." She stuttered and proceeded to pack her things.

"What are you going to do there Ash?" Leaf asked me.

"Is it about time to visit our pokemons there? Besides, it'll be a perfect opportunity to show her ours." I said to her, she got excited, but wondered at the same time.

"We can just transfer our pokemons from here." Leaf wondered.

"But I want to see them altogether, you know we only have capacity of six pokemons on hand." I ensured her, she just nodded at that with an excited manner.

"I also want to meet them someday Ash." Both professors stated at the same time.

"Just go to Professor Oak's lab, and you'll see them there." I replied.

"I would also love to see them Ash and Leaf." Gou stated.

And with that, Koharu arrived with her things already packed, or so just what I say.

"Just a backpack?" I questioned.

"Y-Yes, I don't want to carry something heavier." Koharu replied.

"Well then, shall we?" I invited her, Leaf also looked at her willingly.

"Right!"

To be continued...