Chapter 33

3rd Person's POV

The whole spectator box is now speechless mixed with utter shock and disbelief, well, except for Koharu and Leaf, since they already knew Ash's legendary companions.

Alder is the one who's most surprise, since the one on field is really familiar to him, it came from his region after all.

"H-He has a Meloetta!" Cynthia exclaimed. She was already used to seeing Tobias and his legendaries, but a new one, they didn't expected that to happen.

"Are you serious right now..." Diantha commented, sure those two previous pokemons already surprised them, but this one is on a whole new level.

"He's not playing around..." Drake said.

"Agreed." Leon followed.

Lance was also in utter shock and surprise he saw the mythical pokemon in front of him, he wasn't expecting that, and neither the previous ones. Lance was now confident that Ash is going to win this whole thing.

...

"What is that thing?" Tobias asked, he genuinely didn't knew the pokemon in front of him.

Ash was surprised.

"You don't know her..." Ash muttered, he didn't expected that Tobias don't know anything about that mythical pokemon of Unova. He smirked, he thought about the advantage.

"Nevermind that, Darkrai, use Dark Void!" Tobias commanded.

"Deflect with Ice Beam!" Ash responded.

Darkrai fired off his signature move, Dark Void, and fired it off towards Meloetta, Meloetta danced gracefully before deflecting the dark type attack with her own Ice Beam, they have par eqaully, causing an explosion halfway.

"Darkrai, try to use Hypnosis!" Tobias yelled.

"Meloetta, don't let up, use your Hyper Voice!" Ash responded, clearly not wanting to let Meloetta fall asleep during the battle.

Darkrai attempted to use it's Hypnosis onto Meloetta, but she did her thing and deflected the attack with her loud but sweet voice, Darkrai cancelled it's attack and went to dodge the voice.

"That thing sure is hard to handle." Tobias muttered, not just he had the disadvantage, but he's also having a hard time landing a good attack on it.

"Meloetta, use a barrage of Shadow Balls!" Ash commanded, still thinking of a plan in order to defeat Darkrai.

"Darkrai, you use it too!" Tobias responded.

And with that, the battlefield had so many Shadow Balls getting fired off at the opposing pokemons, they also flew around the battlefield, occupying the boulders in order to cover up themselves.

"Meloetta, Psychic on the boulders!" Ash quickly commanded.

And with that, Meloetta helped herself by breaking off some boulders and aimed it onto the Shadow Balls Darkrai is firing, some rocks also successfully hit the nightmare pokemon, stopping it from using the Shadow Ball barrages.

It was a long battle, both pokemons fired off different attacks like Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse and Hyper Voices, and they both of them are reaching their limits, they were pretty tired firing off and dodging the attacks.

"Meloetta, can you still battle?" Asked Ash who were now worried about the mythical melody pokemon.

"Darkrai, can you still go on?" Tobias did the same.

Both pokemon gave reassuring looks, signalling that they still have the stamina to battle.

"Well then Meloetta, let's set the bar even higher! Pirouette form!" Ash yelled and Meloetta smirked.