Chapter 7: I AM NOT YOUR CHILD!

Todoroki's POV

"Is that why we were at the beach, Todoroki?"

"Who was that girl?"

"I feel like I've seen her before."

"Half-n-half, are you even listening?!"

I sighed heavily, shaking my head. The biggest thought was for me to put headphones in, but just mere minutes before getting onto the bus, most of the guys of Class 1-A had dunked me in the ocean. Thankfully they didn't go to (y/n) and harass her by asking question after question. I'm glad she was able to swim away with a glint of slyness in her beautiful eyes.

I tried to dry my ears again with my towel- at least with the dry parts. The towel was practically soaked in sea water. But to no avail, it wasn't working. 

"Half-n-half!" My eyes slightly rose to meet Bakugou's eyes. He takes note of this, sighing heavily. "I'm sick and tired of them continuing to invade my privacy with their questions! At least answer them so they can stop asking! How hard is that?!"

Once more, I sighed heavily, trying to push my damp hair out of my eyes. "Because I don't want to answer them. How would you feel if someone thinks you're dating a girl outside of Class 1-A? Would them to ask you questions about her?" Now that seemed to quiet him down... but since I spoke, Class 1-A continued on with the questions.

"Whoa... Bakugou's seeing someone?"

"Naw, I doubt he can get a girlfriend with his attitude."

"Todoroki, is it true you're dating someone?" Midoriya turns his head towards me, putting his chin on his hand. "It's just that you brought up that dating thing to Kacchan-"

"I am not dating anyone, Deku!"

Yaoyorozu finally snapped, turning around towards the end of the bus. All the guys quickly fell silent and the girls kinda shied away. I guess they knew Yaoyorozu's limits and didn't want to get involved. "I don't know what your problems are, but come on- leave Todoroki alone. Would you really want to involve your private life with your classmates like us? Think about it- we're all chaotic."

Uraraka nodded her head, "Yeah..."

"I mean it- leave Todoroki alone. He deals enough on his family life, I assume. I wouldn't want you guys to hound me whenever I have an interest in a boy." Yaoyorozu left off the conversation like that, and the ride back to U.A.'s school grounds .

*   *   *

"Hey, (y/n), were you okay?" Sent at 6:22 pm

"Yeah... no need to worry. What about you?
Sent at 6:22 pm

"I'm good. Sorry that they had to bother us..."
Sent at 6:22 pm

"It's not your fault." Sent at 6:23 pm

"I know. Sorry you witnessed Class 1-A 'at its finest.'"
Sent at 6:23 pm

"😂 I doubt that's the truth." Sent at 6:23 pm

I chuckled softly, busy texting off with her just a few minutes before dinner. I came downstairs, continuing to text about the things we've went through while I was abiding my time in Class 1-A. Reliving those memories were just... a bit off. I don't know what to say about them... but I just ranted off my memories. 

"Who are you texting?" Kaminari stopped me from focusing on the texts as I stepped a foot into the living area. He had this sly smile on his face with Mineta by his side. "Hey, is it that girl from the beach earlier today?"

"What are you texting about?" Mineta tried jumping at my phone, trying to see my private messages. "Lemme see what you're doing!"

I swore, some fire was sparking on my hand as I scowled at his actions. I didn't speak another word, but Kaminari was the one who spoke again. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Mineta. We need to ask for his ways."

With a deep growl, I looked up at Kaminari, not trying to let the anger get a hold of me. "My ways? My ways of what? My ways of holding back from turning you in barbecue chicken? Oh... I am so close to burning you to the point that you are nothing but ashes on the ground. I won't allow you to have those ashes spread in a place you would want to be in." 

Kaminari was the one who gulped and tried to step back. Mineta... "Lemme see those messages!"

I did warn them.

Since it is illegal to actually kill them, I sent out a small stream of fire at their feet. Kaminari yelped and tried to run into the kitchen for some water. Mineta just stood there with fire. They both screamed in pain. Most of the class were already coming downstairs to help prep for dinner, and they saw the whole commotion.

Midoriya and Tsuyu quickly ran to the sink to get some water to put of the fire. Bakugou stepped up to me, scowling with a face with Iida next to him. As always, Iida was trying to act as everyone's parent... and I continued to be snapped into pieces. 

"Todoroki! What is the meaning of this?! You're not allowed to use your fire Quirk to put people on fire! You know how that goes against the rules?!"

"Do you know that I am not your child?!" I shouted, scoffing and walking back to the elevator. I do have some sort of instant ramen in my room that I can eat. Some other snacks to keep me through the night. "You're not my parent, Iida." I say in a softer tone, sending out some icy flakes out to Mineta and Kaminari to put out the fire. 

When it comes to my private life, I will not hesitate to protect the ones I love. Now that I've confessed... I'm glad to know that (y/n) isn't like Class 1-A. It makes my heart... pound against my chest when I hear the opportunity to be able to protect a girl like her instead of a guy in Class 1-A.