Chapter 13: Advice

A/N: I'm want to try getting some other point of views from other characters because I don't want the chapters to seem repetitive. As well as I want to make this somewhat completely different from Fire Heart. This is just an experiment for me. 

Endeavor's POV

What I saw between Shoto and that girl... why didn't he tell me about this...? He was dating someone at that age? I thought he was going to focus more on his hero training instead of messing around with a girl. At least I could've given some sort of aid. Why didn't he actually go to me? How long have they been dating? Does that girl have some sort of agenda for Shoto?

My hand began to massage my forehead as I thought more about this thing. "Ah, Enji." I looked up, seeing All Might just walking near the gates of U.A. "You're here for something?"

"I..." I searched and scrambled my mind for the reason I was here... yet I couldn't think of anything. Wait... I remember. "I came to see Shoto. Do you know if he's here?"

All Might somewhat shrugged his shoulders, looking at the building. "I mean... class is out already. That's why I'm not in the teacher's lounge. It's a few hours before curfew for all the students that's outside. If you want, you could wait until curfew. I know things between you and Shoto are... a little rocky."

"No, it's alright." I say, holding up my hand to stop him from going any further. "But... I do have something to ask you." All Might nodded his head, confirming me to speak more. "How's Shoto doing in the classes? Like his scores and stuff like that."

"He's passing well. Scoring at least an A in all of his classes. Why do you ask?"

Shamefully, I looked down and gave another heavy sigh. "A couple of days ago... I ran into Shoto. The one thing that surprised me was the fact that he's into dating now. I was worried, since he is my son, that someone might be using him to get to me. I was worried his focus on his studies might decrease."

All Might seemed to understand, but he chuckles a bit. "So... you've becoming a worried father now? This doesn't seem like the Enji I know. Worried about who your son dates...? It's funny because it's usually the reversed role-"

"Enough." I growled, leaning against the gates of U.A. I sighed heavily, rubbing my temples again. "Do you know this girl that he's dating?"

"I have never seen him with a girlfriend on campus. Describe her- as much as you can. You did say that you somewhat saw her, correct? Maybe I can tell you who it was. If I don't recognize her, it's most likely that he's not dating anyone of U.A."

I nodded my head, giving off my description of the girl I saw. That surprised look on his face confirmed that he did see her before. "I do know her- (y/n) (l/n). Her mentor and I were talking about what to do for her for her hero career."

"Wait- she's training to be a hero, but she's not attending U.A.?" I could see flares of fire popping off my skin as All Might stepped back a bit. "What do you know about her?"

"Enji, I'm not gonna reveal anything else unless you tell me what you're planning to do. I can't help but get this murderous tone from you. All I can say is that (y/n) is a sweet girl. There's no reason to get worried over Shoto because of her. She's honest and is serious about her hero career."

Taking a deep breath, I tried to compose myself. "Sorry. I just need to make sure she's good for Shoto. He is my son after all."

"Maybe you're thinking about this wrong." I looked to see All Might scratching the back of his head. "Instead of hearing about her and judging her like this, maybe try meeting her. Don't judge her by her looks, Quirk, etc. And knowing you and Shoto, I don't doubt that (y/n) is perfect for Shoto."

There was a soft chuckle around a building- even All Might had to stick his head out to see the commotion. Apparently, Shoto was there with that girl- presumably (y/n). My heart somewhat faded when I saw how happy Shoto was. It's been a long time since I've seen him smile like that. He held that girl close, smiling softly to her. 

"There's nothing to fear, Enji." All Might says with a soft chuckle. "Even just seeing this... this is adorable. Look at them, Enji. Shoto's not being harassed or being threatened in any way. Nor is (y/n) being forced into anything. Everything is fine with them. I can say for a fact that I can keep an eye on Shoto if things does turn upside down. But just seeing those two, I have no issue with them. Again, maybe take some time understanding the girl before judging her harshly."

"Who's her mentor?"

"Sirena."

I nodded my head, sighing heavily. "Fine. I'll have a chat with her."

"Just because you were neglected to be notified about Shoto's life- it is his life. There might've been a reason for Shoto hiding his girlfriend from you."

"I'll leave now. I doubt Shoto wants to see me in front of his school." I began to walk off, and I heard All Might saying something in agreement. 

I walked off to the side, watching Shoto and (y/n) together. Soon enough, Shoto gave a kiss to (y/n) before he ran off to the gates of U.A. He just smiled... being happy near that girl. It got to the point where they wouldn't leave each other's sight. Yes, they did slowly inch away from each other... but they didn't want to leave each other. Not yet, anyways.

A heavy sigh was bestowed upon me when they finally parted. Shoto was happy with that girl... so would I be ruining his happiness if there was something wrong about that girl? Would he hate me even more? But I want to ensure that he's protected...