Chapter 20: Yes

Your POV

"S-Shoto!" You chuckled softly as you quickly grabbed onto him for guidance. After having dinner out, he asked if he could put a blindfold on you as you guys went to the next stop. Of course, you agreed and waited to see what his surprise was. Right now, the air was very humid, and you could hear the water crawling up the shore. "Shoto! Where are you!"

You suddenly grabbed onto an arm, holding him firmly in place. He chuckles softly, kissing your cheek as he held onto you. "I'm right here... just hold onto me. I'm never letting you go- ever. We're almost there."

"Why are we at the ocean?"

"You're ruining the surprise!" Todoroki chuckles as he suddenly stops. He helped you sit down, and chuckled a bit. "We're here now... ready?"

"Ready."

Todoroki unravels the blindfold, taking his sweet time to revealing his secret. When the blindfold fully fell from your face, Todoroki tapped on your shoulder. "Open your eyes..."

When you did, your eyes fluttered open. After a couple of blinks, you could already see the sun beginning its descent under the waves. The faint sunlight was slowly fading away... and the darkness began to rise. On your left, Todoroki lit his hand on fire, chuckling a bit. His sweet smile was haunting your mind as he wrapped his other arm around you. He pulled you close, nuzzling his nose in your neck.

"How do you like it...?"

You leaned close to him, smiling softly. "I love this... how long did it take you to do this?"

"A couple of weeks..."

"Wow..."

Your eyes started fluttering a bit as you rested on his shoulder. Todoroki gently lights a candle, which he took out of his bag, putting out the fire on his hand. He smiled softly, holding you tighter. He breathed out heavily, leaving out this white mist. He rummages through his bag again, but he lightly tapped on your shoulder.

"Something wrong, Shoto?"

He shook his head, giving his gentle smile. "Do you remember what today is?"

"No...? Was I supposed to remember today?"

Todoroki leaned down, kissing your lips. "Well... I remember this day clearly. I was falling, drowning in the ocean, and you saved me." Your cheeks began to run red as you remembered that particular memory. "We took a bus back to the city... and we went on our first date the next day."

"I've... I've nearly forgotten about that time. That was so long ago..."

"But hey... if it wasn't for that... I wouldn't have met you... nor would I have fallen for an amazing girl like you. And... really... I don't ever want to lose you. So... that's why, (y/n), I want to make it even more official."

"More?" Your cheeks continued to grow warm with embarrassment as he showed this small, black box. It slightly had a velvet-tint to it. "S-Shoto...?"

You looked up to him, seeing him smiling softly. "We're brand-new heroes, and I want to ensure that we're official before we delve deeper into our careers. What do you say, (y/n)? How do you say about being by my side officially? Not as my girlfriend, but as my wife?"

You smiled softly, nodding your head with your heart pounding heavily. "Yes... S-Shoto... you're actually doing this?"

He chuckles softly, opening the box and revealing the ring. The ring had a silver-like tint and the diamond that sat on to was shaped as a teardrop with a light blue tint. The metal wrapped around the diamond, holding it in place. "Give me your hand."

You did so, handing him your hand, and he puts it on your ring finger. It glints in both the moonlight and the candlelight. As you examined the ring with a wide smile on your face, Todoroki caressed your cheek with a smile. "How do you like it?"

"I love it..." You tackled him on the ground, giving him a kiss. "Shoto... I love you..."

He held your close to him, smiling brightly. "No... I love you more. Now let's just enjoy the sun setting once more and watch the ocean together. I don't want to head back home just yet."

"Me neither..."