Chapter 12: What Do You Say, Endeavor?

Your POV

Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Shoto Todoroki came back from their lunch trek, bearing food for everyone. Todoroki looked straight at you as you tried to hold your laughter about Rei's stories about Todoroki as a baby. He looked at you, confused. 

"Um... what's going on...? Mom..." His eyes seemed to have widened. "Mom! W-What did you tell (y/n)?! Mom!" Everyone seemed to have fallen in this fit of laughter. Only Shoto Todoroki was left alone. He was utterly confused. Not even a word escaped his mouth from his confused mind. 

*   *   *

"Your mom seemed amazing, Shoto." You smiled softly as you both exited out of the building and walking down the sidewalk.

Todoroki was still red from embarrassment. After all... you wouldn't stop laughing about Todoroki as a child and waddling away from his older siblings. He shuffled, worried about you blurting out some embarrassing moment. He grips onto your hand, struggling to give this chuckle. 

"S-She's a great mom... so it's really glad that you both like each other."

"I wouldn't say 'like,' Shoto. I think... she really approves me being around you. Something about being a good influence on you."

His cheeks seemed to have gotten redder by the second- which had sprouted a few flames. "That's not true. Mom was probably saying that to make it sound like you're a good person- well... I guess it's true. Just... don't try to spread any rumors-"

"Why not? You don't like hearing about you and-"

"(y/n)!" He shouts in embarrassment, hugging you with an embarrassed smile. "L-Let's not talk about it, okay? Please? I'll do anything just for you to keep your mouth shut about those things. Please... I'm begging you..."

You let loose a chuckle, smiling so softly towards him. "Okay, okay."

"What do you want then?"

In the midst of you trying to think about something, there was an awfully familiar figure walking up. Since Todoroki had your hand in his, you could feel his grip tightening up. It was like he was emitting some sort of anger. You turned to him, trying to see what was wrong on his face- but it was bubbling with rage.

"S-Shoto?"

He doesn't say a word, but that familiar figure continued to walk towards us. "Go to the station, alright? I'll meet you there. There's... there's something I need to deal with." Todoroki said it to the point it was straining his voice. He let his grip on your hand go, almost prompting you to leave. But you didn't. You clung onto his hand, holding him close. "(y/n), please. I'm not abandoning you."

"I'm still not leaving your side, Shoto." You say in a firm tone- even Todoroki was stunned to hear that from you. "Something's bothering you, and I don't want to leave you behind like that. That's not a very heroic thing, isn't it?"

"This doesn't have to deal with being a hero or anything. It's just to protect you. If he finds out-"

"He?"

Almost on cue, there was that familiar voice of his. Booming and putting fear everywhere. But it was somewhat gentle- not as fearing as a villain. "Shoto?" You turned to the figure, seeing the civilian face of Endeavor. He glares at you with his blue eyes, not knowing what to say next. It wasn't long until those eyes caught a glimpse of you holding Todoroki's hand. "Who are you, and why are you with Shoto?" He asks in a threatening way. There was slight flares of fire flashing all over his skin.

Todoroki gripped onto your hand, pulling you close. "She's... she's my girlfriend..." Todoroki admits, pushing you off the sidewalk. But instead of him trying to urge you away, he came with you. "Come on, (y/n), let's get out of here." You nodded in agreement, following Todoroki's lead.

"Wait." Todoroki stops walking turning back to face his father. "Your girlfriend?"

"Are you gonna try to control who I like too?" 

"It's not like that-"

"I don't want you near (y/n) at all, alright?" The Shoto Todoroki, the shy one who was embarrassed by little baby stories, was now turning into a defensive mode. His growls seemed almost silent as he stared deadly into his father's eyes. "I don't need you to control my life anymore. Before you can say anything else, I'm staying with (y/n), and I'm not letting her go. You're not gonna chase her away." 

At the last second, Todoroki gripped onto your hand, kissing you in front of Endeavor. There was a surprised gasp from Endeavor, but he did nothing to break the two of you apart. The kiss lasted a few seconds before the two of you pulled away for air. The glares of Endeavor was nothing but full of fury. 

Todoroki raised his hand against your cheek, gently caressing it with a gentle smile on your face. "Let's go now."

You nodded, following Todoroki back to the station. You turned back to see Endeavor, continued to stay in this stunned stage. Todoroki quickly says something to not look back... and you faced back forward. The intensity of that little meet-up did startle you just a tad bit. Todoroki had changed... but most importantly...

You kept yourself entertained by Rei's stories of Shoto Todoroki when he was a toddler. The one part when he was getting bathed by Endeavor -which was a thought you could never think about- Shoto apparently had grabbed a small cup, filled it up with bath water, and threw it at Endeavor. Rei said she was laughing when her husband was drenched in water. Not even his flames could appear because of Shoto drenching him in water.

There was a small feeling growing inside of you... about how Endeavor... may not have been a good parent to Shoto, but there was some sort of a good side. Was this what Rei Todoroki was talking about? Perhaps it was.