Chapter 3, Ice Meets Fire

*Hey guys! So in this chapter, character paths are going to cross. Also, there's more info on what happened with our little fire boy. 

*Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1,705 words

Void Icefall

On the edge of my subconscious, I'm going through what happened. Everything seems so deadly and crazy, so I conclude that it was a nightmare. Nothing that bad can happen. The world can't be that cruel.

 I'm only nine. I convince myself that I'm still safe, sleeping in my little room in my small home with my loving parents. So I dive back into a deep, peaceful sleep.

----------------------------------------------------

The first thing I notice is that there's something around my wrists and my ankles. It feels like metal. I also notice the strange smell of copper. That's weird. My little room doesn't usually smell like this. I slowly open my ice-blue eyes and find myself looking straight up at a stone wall. 

Well, I'm not at home.

I sit up and survey where I am. There's a small, barred window set into a stone wall. With a further look around, I realize the whole tiny room is made up of stone. I'm sitting on a cot, the only other thing than myself in the tiny room.

It doesn't surprise me when I notice the entrance of the room is a metal door with a barred window.

Definitely a jail cell of some sort.

I look down at my wrists and ankles, confirming what I thought - they put shackles on me. Whoever "they" are. 

I also notice that my hands are covered in dried blood and a few ice shards, probably a mix from the dark figures I froze and the blood from Karla. That explains the weird copper smell in the room.

And with that realization, reality hits me hard. Everything from my nightmare isn't a nightmare. It's real. 

Karla's dead. Her parents are dead. I killed the people who did it. Froze them. 

Tears start welling in my eyes and soon they're dripping down my face. I wipe at the tears and suddenly grimace in pain. I feel my cheek, which is probably bruised, and remember how I fell asleep last night - with a punch to the face. 

I cry for a few more minutes, and then abruptly stop. No more crying. I need to get myself together and figure out what has happened since I fell asleep, thanks to that delightful punch to the face. 

Careful not to trip because of the shackles on my ankles, I get off the cot. Slowly, I try making my way to the metal door with a barred window, and despite my effort not to, end up tripping. Sprawled on the ground, I realize I should at least try freezing the shackles. It could make them brittle enough to break.

 So, with a bit of concentration, I feel the rush of my power flowing through me. Soon ice starts spreading across the metal shackles. I hit the shackles down unto the ground with all my force, and they crack, dropping off of my ankles. I do the same for my wrist. Smiling, I walk to the barred window, which is just low enough that I can peek through. 

There's a hallway, but it's empty. I notice there's a door exactly like mine across from me. 'Interesting', I think to myself. 

But first thing's first - I need to get out of here.