Chapter 5, Staying For Her

*Hey guys! So here's our favorite, (and only), fire boy. You'll find out he might be catching feels for someone. <3 Enjoy!

*Btw, thank you so much for 344 reads! It means a lot to me!

*Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1,012 words

Leo Doitean

Winter wanted me to leave her. A glance out the broken window confirmed that there was a large, deep pile of snow down below. Perfect to soften the fall. Winter made it. 

But no. I can't leave her. I have this connection to her now, one that I can't explain. Plus, she is the reason I was able to escape, and I'm not leaving without her. So as the guards swarm me, I try to make my way to Winter, who's on the ground, trying to get up. 

But other guards are already there, and even though Winter is freezing as many guards as she can, there's too many. 

I'm yelling at her, but a moment later, the guards have her pinned down, and one punches Winter in the face, and she's unconscious.

A flare of anger bursts through me. How dare they hurt her.

So I burn them, as many as I can.

But there's still too many, and when it's obvious I won't be able to leave with Winter, I stop fighting. I decide where she goes, I will follow.

The guards drag me and an unconscious Winter to a fancy bedroom. A few hold me down and I feel a sharp pain as one of them inserts something smooth yet cold into my neck. I realize it's the same material as the barred door I tried to burn in my old jail cell but to no avail.

Just to check, I reach out to my power and feel it there, but when I try to burn the guards, my power doesn't work. I watch as they do the same thing to Winter. After that, the guards leave the room, and I hear the click as they lock the door.

The room is red and gold, like the rest of the castle. There's a big, red bed with golden embroidery, accompanied by a golden desk with nothing on it. The three windows in the room are covered with heavy-looking gold-encrusted curtains.

I walk over to one of the windows but find it barred shut. I check the other windows and find them also barred shut. 

So far, not a room that we can escape from.

I crawl over to Winter, the feeling of exhaustion hitting me hard from the constant use of my power. I peer down at her face, realizing how pretty it is. Even with the purple bruise forming over another bruise, those high cheekbones, long eyelashes, and sculpted pink lips are beautiful.

'Wow...' I think to myself, letting out a loose bit of air.

Her eyes flutter and her breathing speeding up for a second, and I back away as fast as I can. The last thing I want is to be caught staring at her and being pegged as a creep. But then her breathing goes back to normal, and she stays asleep.

I decide not to wake her and let her sleep, holding her close to me as minutes pass by. More than thirty minutes later, the door opens and multiple guards pour in. They grab me, and I'm forced to let go of Winter and leave her behind.

I'm confused and upset, so like any normal person, (even though I'm far from normal), I start yelling.

"Stop! Let me go! I can't leave her unprotected! I -"

A gloved hand covers my mouth, stopping me from speaking. I bite down hard, but the hand doesn't budge.

I struggle against the guards' grasp on me, but with a quick punch to my gut, I gasp in pain and stop struggling. All I can do is watch as Winter becomes farther and farther away from me. We turn a corner, and I can no longer see her anymore.

I'm dragged into a throne room, big and glamourous and beautiful like everything else in this stupid castle. And guess what colors covered everything? Red and gold. Not a moment after the guards stepped into the throne room, me being dragged with them, I hear the creak of a door opening. 

My diamond eyes scan the area and soon land on a fancy figure making his way to the red and gold throne in front. One look to the crown on his head and I know who he is - the King. The King of the Hostiles.

The guards continue marching me towards the King until they stop, 5 feet from the throne where the King now sits.

His crown is of course gold, peppered with red rubies, big and small. His whole outfit screams expensive and royal, with the hand-stitched designs of gold contrasting to the red fabric he wears.  

"Hello, Outlander boy." He says, but the greeting is anything but welcoming. His storm-gray eyes meet mine as if they're searching through my soul.

It's quiet for a moment, but then he smiles. But something about that smile is wrong. It's a psycho's smile. I shiver at that, blaming the coldness of the throne room instead of the fear building up in my chest.

The King's head turns ever so slightly, a feline move, assessing me. 

He nods to himself, and so he starts telling me about the deal. The plan. The things that are expected of me. And what happens if I don't do what I'm told.

Because the King realized that killing Outlanders is a waste. It would be much more effective to turn us into weapons.

 And it slowly dawns on me that now I'm trapped here. And not even for as long as I live. No no no, I'm here for as long as I'm useful. 

And then I will be disposed of.