Chapter 5: Zak

Jay dragged Zak by his wrist to the small deck of the store. Jay exhaled, he sat down at a little table. Zak sat across from him.  "Zak what are you talking about?" Jay asked, Zak blushed and looked away, "I don't know, I just...Fuck...I don't know" Jay looked into Zak's eyes. "Your eyes" Zak asked "What?" "Your eyes, they are showing me the feelings you have for Nick" Jay smiled, "Zak, I think you need to tell nick how you feel" Jay smiled "Tell him tonight well we're out getting his birthday presents" Zak looked at Jay "But-" "Think about it, if you found out your best friend was in love with you, wouldn't them telling you on your birthday be the best gift ever?" Zak smiled. "Okay" he said. Jay's phone buzzed, "It's Billy" Jay said, "The food is ready" They walked across the street. Zak thought about tonight. He smiled at the thought of nick's face when he told him how he really felt. They walked into the diner. Zak sat down next to Nick, letting his hand brush his. Nick smiled at Zak, "hey" he said "Hi" Zak said back. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see the guys leaning into a huddle, talking about something. "Excuse me?" a woman's voice spoke behind Zak. Zak looked, it was the girl who had been staring at him "Hello" Zak said. The woman smiled, "My name is juniper" she said, "im Zak" she held her hand out, Zak shook it, "I was wondering," she said, blushing, "What are you doing later tonight?" Zak smiled, "I'm going to a party" He said, Juniper smiled "Would you like to be my date?" Zak blurted out. "Oh, sure" Juniper said. She had a huge smile on her face. Zak nodded, "Okay, whats your number?" Juniper took a pen out of her purse, she wrote her number on a napkin. "Here" she said "Thanks" Zak said, she walked towards the door, she turned and waved. Zak looked at Nick, who was on his phone. The guys were eating. Zak dug into his pancakes. Nick put down his phone and started eating his eggs. Zak kept stealing glances at him. He was handsome. He was wearing his "Green Day" shirt. Zak imagined being in Nick's arms. He smiled, if tonight went well, he might get his wish.