Chapter 9: Zak

Zak stared at nick. Juniper just stared at him, her face red with rage. "WHAT THE FUCK!" she was so mad, "YOU STUPID,TWO-FACED, PLAYER!," she screamed. Jay's eyes got wide. Zak just shrugged, "I'm not a player," he said, "I invited you, yes, but we aren't together or anything" Zak looked right into Juniper's eyes. "Zak? I don't understand, who do you like?" Aaron asked. Then, with no warning whatsoever, he leaned over, putting his hands around the back of Nick's neck, he kissed him. Zak pulled Nick into an embrace. Zak felt like a huge weight had been lifted of his back. Nick melted into his arms, kissing back. When they finally pulled away from each other, the room was quiet. Jay, Billy, Aaron, and Juniper all stared at them. "Personally," Billy said, "I think it's about damn time" Aaron laughed, "True" he said. Jay smiled, but he didn't say anything. Juniper pointed her finger at them. Her long fake nail glinting in the TV light. "You FAGS!" she yelled, "Fuck you" she sneered and then stormed out, slamming the door so hard the room shook. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!" Aaron called. They all laughed. "Zak?" Nick asked quietly, "Yeah?" Zak said back, looking at Nick, who blushed and turned away, Zak took Nick's face in his hands, "What Nick?" he said, Nick put his hand on Zak's. "This is the most amazing gift iv'e ever gotten." He smiled, leaning in to kiss Zak. Melting into him, Zak kissed him softly. "What! That was a HOLD! what is this fool doing!!!?" Billy yelled at the game. Zak smiled into the kiss. Nick pulled away from him, putting his forehead on Zak's. Nick looked at the guys. "You knew all about this" Zak said, looking at them. Aaron smiled, "Maybe" Billy said, a smile creeping across his face. Zak stood, shaking his head, he smiled at them. "Nick, you want to the pool with me?"Nick nodded. Aaron started oohing, like a sixth grader. Zak rolled his eyes. He took Nick's hand, leading him to the door. 

Once they were changed, Zak grabbed two towels, handing one to Nick. They walked down the long hall to the elevators. Their bare feet padded quietly across the carpet. The reached the elevators. Nick pressed the button for the first floor. They stood there, silent. Zak put his arm around Nick's waist, pulling him into his bare chest. Zak held him, all the way to the first floor. They walked to the pool, passing only a maid and two women having tea in the lobby. The smell of bleach was faint, and the room was humid. "Zak?" Nick said from behind him, Zak looked up, "I can't swim" he said. "I'll teach you" Zak said, walking to the steps. Nick followed. Zak stepped into the cool water. He dived under, letting the water consume him. He stood up in the waist high water, "Come here" he motioned for Nick to come over to him. "What if I drown?" Nick asked, wading over to Zak. "I'm right here" Zak said. "I'll always be here"