Chapter 8: Nick

Nick stood in the doorway. Looking at all of the people who were there. He was so grateful to have such good friends. He saw a girl with a green dress and blue streaked hair standing next to Zak, who stood awkwardly next to his date. Nick's heart sank when he saw the girl take Zak's hand. He stepped into the room, the TV was on, and there was music playing. Billy held out two bags with his name on them. "This one's from Zak" Billy said, handing him a dark red bag. Nick looked inside. He gasped, inside the bag was a small box. Nick knew that box well, it was the box of rings from a native american tribe. He had stared at that box for so long, wishing he could get it. He wanted it so bad, but didn't have the money. Nick ran to Zak, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He yelled, throwing his arms around Zak, knocking Juniper out of the way. Juniper rolled her eyes. Aaron handed him the other bag. Inside was a band T-shirt, and a new pair of Vans. Nick smiled, he wrapped the guys in a hug. "Thanks" he said. Nick looked at Zak, he smiled. "Food!" Billy yelled. They all grabbed plates as Jay opened the takeout boxes. The food was still warm. 

After most of the food was gone, Nick turned up the music. A slower song came on, He looked at Zak. "May I have this dance?" Nick asked, holding out his hand. "Yes, sir" Zak said. Aaron laughed, "Awwww" Jay said. Nick put one arm Zak's waist, they held their hands together. "Looks like Cinderella" Billy laughed. Zak and Nick slow danced for the whole song. The whole song they gazed into each other's eyes. Nick breathed in Zak. They were so close. Then of course, Juniper practically yanked Zak away from Nick, pulling Zak into kiss. Zak pulled away. Juniper blushed. Aaron sat on the couch with Billy, screaming at a bad call the ref made. Juniper took Zak's hand and sat with him on the floor, leaning her head on his shoulder. Zak sat there stiffly, Nick felt angry. He wasn't sure where it had come from. But every time he looked at Juniper and Zak, his heart seemed to beat faster. Nick hated this girl. This pathetic, valley girl, kissing and touching his man. Nick put his hands into tight fists. Aaron took his phone out, he typed something and Nick's phone buzzed. "Wut a ho" he texted, Nick smiled. He sat down on the floor next to Zak. Juniper took Zak's hand. Zak pulled away. "Stop that" he said. Juniper looked angry, "We're together now, Zak" Juniper said, kissing his cheek. Nick snorted, "Shut up Nick" she said. "I think you should go" Jay said, she whirled around. "No!" she yelled. Jay jumped, he hated yelling. Zak said "Juniper, we're not together, we just met...And I-I already like someone". Juniper just sat there. Nick rolled his eyes at her, then he realized, Zak was looking at him.