Birthdays

Midoriya Izuku

Ichika's birthday is coming up and her father is delighted. He always sets a birthday party for her and buys her a present.

"Ichika, is there anything you want for your birthday present?" Midoriya asked.

"Anything from Dad is fine!" Midoriya bursted into tears.

Ichika never asked for anything since she literally accepts everything given to her. Yuki once gave her a dictionary and she managed to read about two pages before giving up.

"What do you want for a present?" Her friend, Katsuya, asked. "Don't say anything from me is fine. I always spend two hours walking around the store to find you a present."

"Uh..." Ichika tilted her head.

"A doll is fine." Yes, she still likes dolls.

"Again?" Katsuya raised a brow.

"Yes, a very big one! A life-sized teddy bear might be nice!" She grinned.

"... How childish..." Katsuya mumbled.

When her birthday came, the family celebrated together. Her parents baked her a cake and gave her some presents, so did her little brother.

Ichika was feeding Hiro her birthday cake when her mother called her from the front door. She walked to the door and her eyes popped out.

Now, where did that giant teddy bear come from?

She couldn't utter a single word as she walked to the life-sized doll. She took a card that was hanging on it's collar.

Happy birthday, Ichika.

"... If this is the reason he's skipping lunches recently... I will feel really bad..." Ichika mumbled.

She decided that she will do anything for him on his birthday later.

Ichika grabbed the doll's hand and felt it's soft fur. Then she wrapped her arms around the doll.

"Wow, this feels like I'm being hugged back!" Ichika exclaimed.

She is so going to name the doll 'Kacchan'.

Bakugou Katsuki

That day after school, Katsuya was going straight to home. He was walking alone when he heard some familiar voices behind.

"Uh, Rai, I don't think this is a good-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATSUYA!"

Just as he turned around, an egg landed right on his face.

"... You... fuckers..." Katsuya growled as his palms let out some explosions.

"I told you." Ryuu said to his friend, Rai.

"Nah, don't worry. Here, want to use me as a human stun gun?" Rai pointed to himself.

"No, hiding behind someone else is not manly."

"SHUT UP YOU BASTARDS! I'LL KILL YOU ALL!"

Katsuya ended up chasing his friends around until the sky turned dark. He returned home in a dirty state and Bakugou grimaced at him.

"You shit. Go clean yourself."

Katsuya didn't even have the strength to argue with his father. He went to wash himself and changed into clean clothes. He sat down on the chair across his father as he sighed.

"Happy birthday, Kacchan! Don't grow up too fast! You will always be my baby boy!" [Name] exclaimed as she hugged her son. She kissed his cheek and the frown on Katsuya's face vanished.