Chapter 9

The next morning, Alice woke up naked and cuddled up against Hattie. His muscular body was so warm. She didn't want to get out of bed yet, so she went back to sleep.

When she woke up again, she wasn't in Wonderland. She was back in the hospital and there were two nurses looking down at her.

"What's going on?" Alice asked.

"We got some medicine to cure your brain. There was a chance that you might slip into a coma, but it was the only thing we could do. We could take the chances of you slipping into a coma, or just simply let your mad mind eat you inside and out. Stay with us Alice. The medicine has almost done its complete job. You're not fully healed, but you're so close," one of the nurses said.

"Wait.." Alice said, "Ches..the jar...where did I put it...is it safe? I'm not sure if--"

"Alice, calm down..."

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! I'LL--"

At that moment, the other nurse injected her with anesthesia. Her vision became blurry and her head started spinning.

Hattie picked the jar up off his dining table and locked the jar in a cabinet. It would be safe there. There's no way Ches could get out or anyone could touch the jar. "I love you, Alice. I'll always keep you safe," Hattie whispered to himself, hoping she could hear. Alice felt herself slipping back into reality. She slowly opened her eyes and she was sitting on an examination table.

"Alice, we believe the treatment worked! How do you feel?" a doctor asked.

"I--I hardly know sir," she replied.

"What do you mean?" he questioned.

"I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."

"Alice, tomorrow, we're gonna send you home!" he told her with excitement.

Alice had been in the asylum since she was 9. She was 21 now. She stared at him with horror.