Chapter 14

The next morning, Alice woke up next to Ben. That’s right. They had sex. They took each other’s virginity. She cuddled up next to Ben and he let out a soft snore. He soon woke up and he smiled at her.

“Good morning, gorgeous,” he said.

“Good morning, handsome,” she replied.

They got out of bed, put their clothes back on, sat on the couch, and turned the TV on.

“Ben?”

“Yeah?”

“Did I get that job?” She giggled.

“Duh,” he said. “You can start tomorrow. And since you don’t have a place to stay, you’re welcome to stay here with me.” He leaned over and kissed her.

“I think I’m in love with you,” Alice said.

“I think I’m in love with you too.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few days, Alice became a good waitress. During her break, Ben would bring her into the supply closet and they’d make out. They went home together every night and usually collapsed into bed after a hard day of work. On their days off, they would either stay home or Ben would show her things around town that she hadn’t seen since the day she’d been put in the asylum. Life was good.

One day, Ben said he was going to the store. He came back an hour or so later with only one grocery bag.

Alice greeted him with a kiss. “Where are all the groceries?”

“Um, this is all I have. On the way to the store, my friend James was outside with his girlfriend and he gave me this.”

Alice took the bag and opened it. There was a sandwich bag stuffed with weed in it.

“Weed?” Alice asked.

“Yeah. Have you ever smoked it?”

“No.”

“Well, do you want to?”