Chapter 15

They smoked so much weed. Alice was so high. She was hallucinating. This shit was definitely laced with something. Ben was in the bathroom staring in the toilet or something. Alice felt woozy. She passed out on the couch.

“Aliiicceeeeeee”

It was Hattie. She was back in his house. He was holding the bottle that held Ches’ soul.  The whole thing seemed like it was in slow motion. He dropped the bottle and it shattered. How could he betray her like that? A tear ran down his face and he kissed her cheek and disappeared. She heard a cat-like scream escape. Ghosty-fog drifted from the bottle. The fog seemed to be growing and finally Ches took his shape.

“Hello Alice. It’s been a while. So you’re not mad anymore?” Ches grinned.

“No. I’m not. Get out of my head!”

“If you keep this up, then I’ll be here to stay.”

Alice looked down and realized she was chained to a bed.

“I’ll never do it again. That weed was laced with something. I’ll never mess with drugs again. I promise. Please let me go!”

“I’m afraid I can’t do that,” he sneered.

“I need to get back to Ben!” she screamed.

“Oh, Ben? He’s here.” He stepped to the side and Alice saw Ben chained to the wall in front of her by his wrists. He looked to be unconscious. “He’s been bad too. He deserves to be punished.”

“He didn’t do anything wrong!”

“Oh yes he did. He’s done so many things.”

“No! He hasn’t!” She started crying and screaming.

A knife appeared in Ches’ hand.

“Noooooo!” Alice screamed.

Ches neared toward Ben. Alice tried to struggle out of the chains. It was no use. He stabbed the knife right through Ben’s chest and twisted it violently.

Alice screamed and cried. “NOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Ches walked over to Alice. He grinned. He then began to rip her clothes off. Just as he was about to pounce onto her, she drifted from Wonderland back into reality.

~~~~~~~~~~

“C’mon, babe. We’re taking this shit back to James,” Ben said.

Alice sat up. Ben grabbed his keys and they got in his car. He stopped in front of a house that looked very familiar. She was still a little woozy from whatever was laced with that weed. She followed Ben into the house. Wait. This was her old house. She followed Ben into the living room and her father was sitting in a chair staring at a blank TV screen.

“James, take this shit back. It’s laced with something. This is really dangerous.”

He sat there silently. Ben threw the bag at him. He shifted his gaze over to Ben. He then noticed Alice standing beside him. Her eyes looked glassy and she looked dazed. He stood up and put his hand on her shoulder. His breath smelled like beer.

“Hey, pretty lady. My name’s James.”

“Your name isn’t James. It’s Henry.”

“Not to the people who buy from me.”

Ben grabbed Alice’s hand. “Let’s get out of here,” he whispered.

“No! I need to have a word with my daughter!” Henry yelled.

Alice mouthed the words “help me” to Ben.

“I can’t let you do that,” Ben told Henry.

“And why the hell not?!”

“Because I know what you’ve done to her! And unlike you, I love her!” he screamed.

“I DO love her!” her dad yelled. He put his hands on her waist. “I love her a lot,” he said with a half-smile.

Ben quickly looked around. He grabbed a vase and hit Henry over the head with it. This simply made him angrier.

“You little—“As he said this, he punched Ben in the face. Ben punched him back. They kept hitting and punching each other as hard as they could, when finally Henry ran to the kitchen. He came back with a big rolling pin.

“If I can’t have Alice, no one can!”

Once again, Alice saw everything happening in slow motion. She saw the rolling pin in her dad’s hand. It was coming toward her. She was frozen. She couldn’t move. She heard Ben scream. The rolling pin hit her head and she saw nothing but darkness.