21- "Belonging"

When Ambrosia finally stepped out of Rosalie's car, holding the handles of her two bags, she felt utterly uncomfortable, mostly because she knew she had exceeded her allowance. Ambrosia was strict with her savings because she knew that she only got so much and this week, she had used all of her money, and that which she had got from her bug. And suddenly, she felt alienated in the brilliant Cullen mansion. As the sky plunged with darkness, she knew that she would be staying there for another night and she knew that Miss Everett wouldn't mind in the slightest. Pheobe had stayed away for a month once and nobody questioned it. Perhaps that saddened her too, the lack of a figure who cared where she was when she went missing.

"Ambrosia?" a voice questioned and she was suddenly snapped from whatever daze she was in, realising that she was just standing on the porch, staring continuously as the sky painted itself. Turning slowly, she came eye to eye with the most beautifully familiar pair of golden orbs. Edward stared at her, analysed her with an unreadable expression and she stared back with equal intensity. "Are you okay?" she merely nodded once, softly. "You're not. You may be one of the only people in the world whose mind I cannot read, but I know for a fact that you are not okay."

Edward Cullen took the main room in countless easy strides, soon finding himself stood directly in front of her. His fingers reached up to ghost across her cheeks, she was the most delicately precious thing he had ever come to possess and she could not help but lean into his touch, she was attracted to it instantly. 

"I'm okay, Edward" and her eyes watered, directly opposing her own words to the point where he was unable to understand what the truth was. "I'm okay" but tears trickled down her cheeks for the second time since visiting the Cullens. Hissing to herself in annoyance at her own emotions, she furiously wiped the tears from her eyes, laughing despite the sadness. Edward Cullen truly changed her because, two months ago, she lived in a constant vow not to cry under any circumstances and now it seemed like the only thing she did. 

Edward stepped forward, pressing her crying face into his chest as he hugged her. His hand ran through her curls softly, gently because he had the inkling that comfort was all she needed at that moment. She would tell him what was wrong when she was ready to.

"Bella knows" He sighed softly and she pulled back from his chest to look into his eyes, frowning slightly. "Fred told her today." he shook his head softly. "He says she's the one, I've grown to just trust his judgement now." he smiled and pecked a gentle kiss onto her forehead. Edward was purposely trying to distract her, seeing that she needed it. She didn't want to talk about what she was thinking and he didn't pester her about it, he trusted her enough to know that she would tell him, eventually. If it was important.

"At least she won't keep asking me now." Ambrosia smiled softly and he chuckled along, his hands slowly running up and down her arms until he reached her hands. Gently, the mind reader pulled her through the house and back to his bedroom- Where he vowed to buy a bed at the earliest convenience. Sitting side-by-side, they were both content in her usual silence. Some things were better said in silence and they were calm, together.

Turning to him, Ambrosia softly pushed her body up and pressed her lips to his, marvelling in the magnificent feel of his cool mouth against hers as they moved in sync. For someone who had never kissed anyone before Edward, Ambrosia felt oddly expert at it now, after all the kisses she'd exchanged with him. But she could never get enough of the sensation. It was something that she could experience every day for the rest of her life and never tire of. When she pulled back, her cheeks instantly became aflame, the colour of roses and he frowned in confusion. 

"What's wrong?" he questioned, fingers glazing over her cheeks to cool the skin there and she smiled gently. She was more comfortable with him than anyone else in the world. 

"Your eyes." she pointed out, his usual marvellous golden eyes were plagued with an inky black colour of desire and they narrowed when she said that. "... Rosalie... Explained it." she hummed, cheeks burning again and he sighed, chuckling slightly at her reaction to it.

"I'm sure she found it very amusing." he groaned at the thought and Ambrosia's eyes fell to her lips in embarrassment. 

"I'm sorry... I... I asked you but you didn't tell me... And I was worried... I thought... I thought you were hungry" she stuttered out and his eyes swished around to face her instantly, widened but the gold colour was quickly returning. 

"No, no, Rosia. I'm not telling you off." he chuckled. "I understand why you asked. I'm just certain that Emmett and the others will enjoy teasing me for it when you're gone." Edward winked and she giggled in understanding. 

"I'm sorry" she repeated but her tone was calmer now, more jovial once more as she reached up to continue kissing him happily. It didn't matter now, when his eyes eventually turned black, because it was all just a sign that he enjoyed kissing her as much as she did him.

[ Hi guys! I genuinely can't remember whether I wrote Edward as being able to read her mind or not. So I'm going with not. Edward can't read her mind but, unlike Bella's, when he tries to listen to her thoughts, it calms him. Her mind is gentle, like a haven to him because its devoid of thought. It gives him a break from the thoughts going on around him. Hope that makes sense, and please disregard anything I've written that contradicts this]