47-"Gone Girl"

Authors note! - It's been a bit peaceful around here, hasn't it? 

Ambrosia giggled gently as Rosalie tugged her along through the crowd, the shopping centre was positively brimming with people bustling about doing their regular shopping trips and Rosalie's hand on the girls was tight, not letting go for even a second. They were at risk of very easily being parted by the crowd. Though, it was not much later that Rosalie and Ambrosia broke free from the swarm of people to be confronted by Esme and Alice grinning at them. It was a girls trip-much to Edwards inconvenience, the women of the house had 'stolen' his girlfriend on numerous occasions throughout the week.

"Come on, we have lots of places to visit and not very much time!" Alice clapped shortly after they'd forced their way through to the sidelines of the swarm. In their hands, they already clutched numerous bags and despite the laughter and excitement of the day's adventure, Ambrosia could quickly feel herself growing overwhelmed.

"Come on Rosia, Darling. There is this book Carlisle has been talking my ears off about for weeks now, let us go and see if we can find it, shall we? Girls, we'll catch back up with you later, okay?" Esme smiled, hand taking Ambrosia's easily as though it was an instinctive action and the cool of her flesh was instantly soothing to the human whose heart was hammering steadily. When they'd received a half-hearted nod and murmur of agreement from their other two members; Esme and Ambrosia bustled away, looking ever the mother and daughter duo and Esme's smile was sensational.

Not even three minutes later, they finally managed to pull free from the crowd as they entered an incredibly quiet store. The walls were lined by books on all sides and Ambrosia instantly felt calmed as though she'd been shrouded in a soothing blanket of protection. Among the books, she felt strangely at home. Esme's golden eyes were instantly at work, searching for the medical book Carlisle had bubbled in excitement about and the thought of presenting it to him as a surprise and seeing his smile made the mother's heart swell. It was the little things that always made Carlisle grin the brightest.

Ambrosia seemed unconsciously drawn toward the older novels, away from Esme who smiled as her curls vanished around the corner and out of sight. The many books stood proudly before Ambrosia's beautiful green eyes and she was living in heaven as her fingers ghosted along the spines, not quite touching the delicacy of the bindings as her orbs flashed back and forth, reading the titles with an appeased sigh of content.

Turning the corner blindly, her fingertips seeming to be sewn to the oak shelf, she didn't even notice as she went crashing into what she could only describe as a wall... A slender wall. As she bounced off like a bumper kart and clattered into the shelves, body kissing the spines of the books that helped in no way to cushion her fall, there was something so achingly familiar about the event- but this was different, something in this new encounter caused her heart to hammer in an agonised, sprinting rhythm.

"I'm so sor-" her lips shaped the words the second she noticed the man she had crashed recklessly into. She truly had to get better at looking where she was going. However, her voice was sliced off midway, mellowing into nothing as the sound of her heart rocketed, blood pumping in her ears as she did what Ambrosia did best. She froze. The man straightened, smile warm and accomodating though there was something noticeable about him that had her body aching in nervousness in less than a second. He was no older than twenty, his skin a deathly pale and sparkling from his face, seeming to glow, were eyes the colour of rubies. When they befell upon her, they seemed to widen- all as though he had just won the grand lottery. They were hungry.

"Ambrosia" the name, for once in her life, did not bring any form of comfort to the human who stood frozen and as she stared at him like a dear caught in headlights, she felt a bead of sweat shiver down her spine. A thousand thoughts seemed to run through her head in a second, a sickening swirl of emotion that failed to focus. He knew her, and that just made it all worse. Absentmindedly, the demure hope that Esme would come strolling around the corner any second sparked hope in her chest. But this man, although built like Jasper- would surely overpower Esme and the thought of it made Ambrosia oddly protective of her mother. 

Whoever this man was, he must have thought very peculiarly of Ambrosia as she stood in contemplation but her mind whirled at an impeccable speed. She was a particularly clever girl, she knew that her grades were good but how could that possibly have prepared her for this situation? What was this situation?

Throwing away all rationality and reasoning, Ambrosia turned on her heel to run- knowing from the second that she made the unconscious decision that she would not be able to evade this man. He even laughed as he grabbed her easily around the arm and yanked her back. An involuntary shriek flew through her lips as she fell into him and Ambrosia instantly cursed at the sheer size of the store, where before it had been so welcoming, she now had nothing but terror. 

"You're coming with me, Little Lady. You're not going to make a noise because I will snap your neck the second you even try to alert dear old Mumsy. And when you're dead in a heap on the floor- I will go and tear her limb from limb too. Am I understood?" he growled into her ear lowly and she felt like a helpless statue as he yanked her away from the store. Her limited experience with vampires already told her that she could not beat him... But that didn't stop her from trying.