42-"New Normal"

Ambrosia awoke and couldn't help but hum in silent happiness as she stretched, feeling the warm cacoon of fresh bedding that shrouded her. However, the warmth of her body, which distinctly indicated the absence of Edward Cullen made her pout before her eyes even had the chance to peel open and assess the area. When Ambrosia finally pushed herself to sit, her green eyes shimmered in delight as they flickered around the new room she was in. Something about it screamed 'Edward' which didn't fail to make her smile as she dragged herself up off of the end of the bed to stretch her tight muscles. 

"Rosia?" a voice queried lowly and she smiled at the mere sound of her name on his tongue as she twisted around to face the doorway. Edward winked at her where he stood lazily within the perfectly painted white frame and she grinned as her back clicked, her body stretched out as she flexed like a feline and he chuckled as he made his way toward her calmly. "How are you feeling?"

"Awake" she giggled and he rolled his eyes at the obviousness of her answer as he pressed a kiss to her forehead smoothly. 

"The others are sorting the house out... I was thinking we could go to the shops? There's no food here" Edward frowned softly in silent concern, knowing that because of it- he couldn't give her anything if she was hungry. The brunette popped up onto her tiptoes and pressed a small peppery kiss to his jawline. 

"Sounds perfect" she breathed out dreamily and as he looked into those glimmering green eyes- He knew that she was happy now, in this new place. Ambrosia didn't regret her decision to leave Forks, Washington and as she glanced out the large window that so distinctly reminded her of the old house- into the wet abyss of the forest beyond... She felt like she was home. "Can I get dressed first? I feel dirty" she cringed, shuffling on the spot and Edward shot her the crooked smile that she adored so much as he nodded calmly. 

"I'll show you where everything is" he nodded and took her hand softly within his own, lightly tugging her toward the ensuite bathroom. When he flicked the switch on the wall, he had the pleasure of seeing her eyes light up all over again. The room was large, tiles grey which opposed the usual coldness of a pure white bathroom and as her eyes ran over the large shower and even larger bath- She grinned. "I've put all the clothes away already, I hope you don't mind" he frowned.

"Saves me doing it" the brunette giggled as she glanced around the wardrobe next door, over half of it was filled with his clothing- hers taking up only three drawers and a singular rail. Alice would no doubt be changing that dynamic very soon but Ambrosia was happy to see her three raincoats hanging there- the yellow one which was undoubtedly her favourite, a lilac coloured one and a black one.

"I'll be downstairs" Edward mused softly, pressing his lips in a firm kiss to her temple as he left her there and Ambrosia ventured into the wardrobe, eyes scanning all the clothes there. It wasn't long before she pulled out some grey tracksuit bottoms with turnups at the ankle due to her shortness. But her eyes halted as she looked for a shirt and her gaze swept around to Edwards side of the wardrobe.

Slowly, Ambrosia ran her fingers along the beautiful array of dark colours that filled his side of the wardrobe and inevitably, she came to a stop on a charcoal black hoodie that would most definitely be far too big for her though she smiled at the idea. Showering quickly and dressing, she giggled at her own appearance in the mirror, her sleeves rolled up so her hands could be free, black trainers firmly on her feet and his hoodie covering her small body. She knew that Alice wouldn't approve but it made her smile as she tackled her thick curls into a plain black scrunchie and finally made her way from the room.

It took her a short moment to locate the stairs and when she did, she hopped down them easily, feeling oddly like a princess due to the sheer length of them- though her lazily clothing seemed to oppose the fantasy that longed to take hold in her mind. The bottom of the stairs opened into a large, high ceiling room as she glanced around it with bright eyes, scanning the large window that opened up to decking and the forest beyond.

"You look pretty," Edward remarked and her gaze flashed back around hastily, landing on her boyfriend who was sat smiling at her. The far end of the room was elevated and she giggled as she realised why- the centre of the room was what she remembered as being called a 'conversation pit' though as she watched where he was perched on the small stairs into it, she realised that it suited the Cullens perfectly room. There was a dark undertone to the room which was much different from the former house, but it gave off a certain warmth that made her smile as she walked toward him. The vampire smile, hopping up onto one of the couches and then taking the final step up to meet her on the ground. "This was actually Emmett's design, weird I know" he laughed when he heard her giggle and she grinned.

"I stole your clothes."

"I noticed" he beamed, looking over her with his eager golden gaze. "It looks better on you anyway."

Authors note: Hello everyone, please leave comments on what you would like to see from Edward and Ambrosia- I have a few ideas to make this story interesting but your input is always appreciated and when I have ideas- I can bring the story to you faster...