40-"Final Day"

The second Carlisle's car rounded the corner, it was easy to see what the Cullens had been up to in their absence. The large garage door was pulled upwards, providing a very clear view of the many cars that lined it. The doctor did not bother to drive his car beside the others as he stepped out, opening Ambrosia's door for her- making her smile warmly at him as she made her way eagerly to Edward.

The mind-reading vampire stood beside his Volvo with a smile on his face as he packed things easily inside of it. When his girlfriend approached him, Edward turned around with a small smile and instantly pulled her into a hug- Seeing the redness in her eyes. Ambrosia hugged back tightly for a moment before pulling away with a smile. 

"Alright" Esme clapped and they turned to her as Carlisle easily transferred Ambrosia's belongings from his car to Edwards- shaking his head with a gentle smile when she tried to help him. "The drive to Oregon should only be eight hours, please try not to get arrested or cause any traffic accidents" she smiled and Ambrosia frowned. 

"They like to race"

"It isn't exactly a race now, is it? Nobody is going to beat my Porsche" Alice bounced happily on the spot, running her hand across the sunny yellow car that Jasper had brought her as an anniversary present a few years before- The clairvoyant hadn't had much use for it in Forks Washington. Jasper beamed at his wife as the two of them got in eagerly and Emmett scoffed, rolling his eyes as his jeep roared to life. Emmett and Rosalie were driving solo, the blonde girl in her BMW with a bright beam- Ready to race them all. There was no doubt they would get to the new house in a much shorter time than eight hours.

Esme and Carlisle packed their car quickly, whipping at vampire speed and Ambrosia smiled, everything was moving so fast but she couldn't bring herself to mind. She had woken that morning without a clue that as the sunset, she would be driving off to her new life with Edward at her side. The mind reader smiled gently at her before turning his gaze as Fred came stomping up the driveway, heading straight for his own car without a word to any of them. He'd just said his final goodbye to Bella and despite how upset he looked, a peek into his mind told Edward that Fred would be more than okay in just a few weeks time.

"Are you ready to go?" he questioned his human mate who stood beside him as he shuffled the bags in the trunk to make them fit better. Altogether, they weren't taking much with them- One could think they were merely going on holiday, not moving house.

"I'm ready" she nodded with a grin of finality and he smiled gently as he held her car door open for her, helping her to sit. As soon as Ambrosia was in her spot, she glanced around the car which seemed so different now that it had more things in it than usual. Though Edward was good at packing, the back seat contained more than a few bags and boxes. In the footwell was a canvas bag which she frowned at but otherwise ignored, not wanting to invade his privacy.

"That's for you" he assured her with a nod and she frowned before pulling it into her lap as the cars around them roared to life. In under a day, the Cullens had managed to pack up their entire lives, ready to go. Opening the bag carefully, her eyes unwillingly lit up. Inside, Edward had provided her with a care package for the road- A bottle of flavoured water, packaged sandwiches and an entire array of sweets and treats. Looking up at him with a grin, he smiled back in pride. "Is that okay?"

"It's perfect" she decided and he chuckled, glad to have gotten something right as they filed down the driveway of the Cullen mansion- the doors tightly locked by Carlisle in their wake. 

"There should be something else, in there" he smiled, driving one-handed as he reached across to sift through the bag. Frowning for a second, he eventually grinned in victory as he pulled out what he was after and Ambrosia couldn't help her giggle of shock when she saw the Beatles CD in his hand. "Anything for you" he reminded as he fiddled with the stero and she grinned as she adjusted her seat and the grey blanket around her. 

"Thank you, Edward. So so much... For everything, I love you."

"I love you too, My Love"