56-"The Struggle"

The world seemed to flow in and out of focus to Ambrosia as she watched the sky above her shifting before her very own sparkling green eyes, though the light within her orbs darkened with each and every passing second- the girl didn't know how long had passed as she lay there, her head spilling out a crimson red, flowing with the stream of mud that swept through the forest beneath her and the same substance leaking to run down either side of her body, seeping her arms easily.

"Hey Jude" she breathed, a barely audible sound but she couldn't help but use her last few drops of energy to sing herself peacefully to sleep. With every word she strained to produce, her vision wavered and instead, she was overcome with the memory of dancing beautifully with Edward. It was as if she was remembering the happiest moments of her life as she peacefully passed away and that was okay. Because at least she could pretend that he was there.

Shortly after, Ambrosia felt her vision blur completely though this time- as the darkness swam in her eyes... The forest and stars didn't appear again above her. Now... There was only nothing.

"No, No. Ambrosia" a hushed, haunted female whisper shook her awake and she groaned as a random bolt of agony swept through her core- Ambrosia awoke groggily from her darkness, unappreciative as the pain came back in to chase away the numbness. She knew that this was her last slither of life clinging on futilely but she could not seem to find strength in that- only a desire to succumb to the darkness again.

There was someone here, finally, someone who knew her name was there. She hadn't yet decided if that was a good thing but through the groggy confusion of her mind- she recognised the voice. 

"Ambrosia, it's Bree"

"Bree" Ambrosia smiled in a whisper and the newborn was instantly increasingly terrified for her newest friend. Ambrosia was dying right before her eyes and the girl had no idea what to do. Her hands seemed to flap around in front of Ambrosia, protectively and the girl was shocked to find that she didn't desire for her human friend's blood even as it seemed all around them, painting the already drenched leaves.

"Ambrosia, you're-- You're dying!" Bree sobbed, shocking Ambrosia who was already in a daze. The human girl frowned, the strength not being in her to open her eyes and see her new friends face. And that was disappointing to Ambrosia- she would die, never having seen Bree's beautiful face. The thought of death oddly wasn't the scariest thing for Ambrosia. "What do I do?" Bree repeated, hands pressing to Ambrosia's stomach and the dying girl didn't even feel it though she reached up with her last remaining strength and locked her fingers softly with Bree's.

"It's okay, Bree. I'm okay" she hummed sweetly into the rain. "I feel... Peaceful. Tell Ed-" she coughed. "I love him."

"I- I know, Ambrosia... I... Let me turn you" she decided with certainty and Ambrosia felt herself frown slightly, even as she did not open her eyes.

"It's okay"

"No, I can do it! I know that I can do it" Bree decided strongly, her hand remaining softly in Ambrosia's though she took the girls other wrist calmly in her other hand, shivering as she held it upwards toward her lips. 

"Bree. It's okay. You don't have to do it. You're new" Ambrosia panted out and she was uncertain if her garbled words actually made any sense. "Even old ones struggle."

"Your blood... It... It's not appealing Ambrosia. I can do it. I will save you and after... You can save me. We can learn to live as good vampires... Together" Bree breathed out, decisively and Ambrosia was in no position to approve as Bree pressed her lips to Ambrosia's wrist and slowly sank her teeth into the soft flesh, though this time- she didn't swallow the blood inwards, she forced her venom outwards, as much as she physically could do so.

Ambrosia and Bree met a fate that neither of them expected that evening. Bree turned her first human- Ambrosia Hatton, the girl with the strangely unappealing blood and Ambrosia met a different fate than death. The second Bree's teeth left Ambrosia's wrist, the human groaned as a fire started to pool within her, rushing through her veins like a tsunami. The second it did, Ambrosia prayed for the peace and silence of death to return. Her numb weakness was replaced with a shuddering, aching agony. That was the only word she could use to describe it and every single other pain Ambrosia had ever experienced paled to nothing in comparison.

The second Ambrosia's screams reached Bree's ears, the girl involuntarily grinned in victory because she knew that she had succeeded. Ambrosia's heartbeat grew stronger by the second and Bree had never been prouder of herself. She had granted life for the very first time, rather than bringing death and she completely adored the feeling. Though Ambrosia's screams were beyond pained and Bree cringed, distinctly remembering the feeling. 

Bree knew that she would not have been able to turn Ambrosia if not for her strange blood but that could not diminish her self-pride as she looked over the sweet human who, because of her, was now going to live.

"Ambrosia, I am going to find your family. I'm going to find this Edward." she decided, squeezing the humans hand and Ambrosia screeched as she looked over at her, green eyes that would soon be red weeping with tears.

"No" she stuttered through her pain. "Pl-Please. Don't leave me" she sobbed and Bree smiled tightly. 

"It's okay, Rosia, I think I heard them. I will get them and be back before you even realise. Okay? Okay, you're going to be alright now. You're safe now" Bree promised, touching Ambrosia's cheek lightly once and the silence and shiver of flashing wing indicated that Ambrosia was alone yet again in the dark woods only now, she wasn't greeted with gentle peace- instead she was accompanied by a fiery tornado of agony.

Authors note: Bree turned her! I know this seems weird and it is of course incredibly difficult to turn a human because of self-restraint but we must remember that firstly, Ambrosia and Bree are now friends- soon to be sisters so that helped and Ambrosia's blood wasn't calling to Bree. I hope you all don't mind this development because I am very glad that Bree was the one to do it. I considered Laurent but... Bree is the best, I think.