3

Amberlyn's pov**

   I don't think that I can handle this! My father raped Ashton? How the fuck am I supposed to look Ash in the eye again? Even after every disgusting thing that my father did to him, he still tries to comfort me. I'm not worthy of Ash.

   I  grab my phone and dial dad's number. I have it on speaker, so Ashton can hear too. He answers after the third ring. "Amberlyn! Where are you? Greg said that you called him and broke up with him. What is going on?" He actually sounded panicked. As if he really cared.

   "I know what you did to Ashton Harris!" He was silent for a moment, so I continued. "You had him beaten. You watched as he was beaten so severely, that he couldn't stand!"

  "Honey! Who the hell told you all of that?" He didn't deny anything. This is what he does when he is guilty. He buys time to think of lies. He's busted!

  "A ghost from my past. Why did you do it?"

    "I don't know what you're talking about! But whoever said that I hurt anyone, is lying! Honey, that bastard left you. He hurt your heart! In the end, he wasn't there for you when you needed him! Ashton was never good enough for you. I don't know what the hell is happening, but you need to check your attitude!" He took a breath to regain control.  "Now, I told Greg that when this storm blows over, you will be back to normal and you will apologize to him."

  "You have lost your mind! My mind is finally clear! You are a child abuser, and a rapist! Ashton was seventeen when you had him tied to a tree and beaten. Then when that was over, you raped him as he hung there with several broken bones, and bleeding!" I paused to catch my breath. I have a suspicion about my rape. Should I take a shot? Yes! I'm going to! "I also know that you orchestrated Thomas raping me! Now call me a liar!"

  I see Ashton look at me in shock. I notice that my father has not denied the accusations any longer. After a few more moments of silence, I continue. "I never want to see you again. You are dead to me. Do not call, text, email, write, or visit me in any way. If you try to, I will press charges against you. Do I make myself clear? You, Scott Green, are a despicable, disgusting, dishonest,  bastard! And you are nothing to me." I hung up the phone and dropped it. I just wanted to find a hole and bury myself away from the world.

  "I'm so sorry, Ashton! I never knew! I hope that some time,... in the future, you will be able to forgive me. Forgive me for being so stupid and selfish. Forgive me for not being able to see the truth that was right in front of me, my entire life. Forgive me for not being good enough for you. I loved you then! I love you now! I will love you forever!" I sank to my knees. I am beyond exhausted. "I took advantage of your feelings for me. It was just normal for you to be there, to take care of me. I didn't know that I was in love with you, until it was too late. I understand that you probably hate me. I don't blame you. Hell! I hate myself, for being stupid! Just know that you are loved as long as I draw breath."

  "Amber, I don't hate you. I could never hate you. You had nothing to do with what he did." Ashton picked me up and we sat on the couch. He held me for a long time. "I have gotten over what he did. The Marines helped.... a lot. But no matter what, I always tried to keep an eye on you. I even knew when you became an accountant. When you and Greg started dating. When you lost your mom."

  My mind was whirling faster than ever before. "It was you that sent the flowers that simply said 'I'm here for you.' No name. Was it you that sent me the text that told me that Marcus was cheating on me?" I looked into his eyes. "You did!" I hugged him tightly. "He had proposed to me and I was supposed to give him my answer that night. When you sent me the text that he was at the motel, I went and busted him. You've always watched over me. Always had my back! I owe you my life!"