9

Ashton's pov ***

   It has been a great day! Family and food! Good times. A moment after Amberlyn goes inside, she texts me.

  911 downstairs bathroom

  I rush to see her standing outside the bathroom door and she holds a finger over her lips then motions me to hurry. I do. What I hear disgusts me. I try the door, but it is locked. I kick it in. Grandpapa dropped Carson's arm. Carson ran to me. I pick him up and hold him tightly. The entire time I'm trying to comfort Carson, I'm watching grandpapa. He acts as if he is offended that I would stop him.

  I had Amberlyn take Carson out to Sara.

  "You know that we hold our children's safety above all. We don't allow anyone to hurt them and get away with it."

  "I didn't hurt him. Don't act like I did! What I do is my business! I run this family! I will be respected! I demand it!" He had the balls to say.

  I hit him in the nose before he realized that I had moved. I grabbed his collar and drug him into the hallway. Paxton was there instantly beating the hell out of Tucker.

  I don't even try to stop him. This happened to his son. Sara comes flying through the hall.

  She pulled Paxton's arm when he pulled back for another punch. Paxton looks at his wife and stops. He let's go of Tucker.

  Sara steps up and pulls a gun from her waist. "Any last words?"

  "You're dead if you try to shoot me." He told her.

  "You're wrong about that. I don't try to shoot anyone. When I pull my gun out, I shoot and hit my mark. Every time! Tell mother hello for us!"

  Only one shot was heard. Tucker Henry Harvey dies of a single gunshot wound between the eyes.

  "We should have drawn straws to see who got to shoot him."

  "Paxton beat the shit out of him. So I got to shoot him. He hurt our son. He deserved nothing less." Sara replied.

  "But I didn't get in a single hit! You ok little sister?"

  "Not until this fuckin trash is out of my house. Besides, you and Ashton got mother. We're even."

  "No we aren't! I wanted to kill him with my bare hands." Paxton said.

  "You got Ronald. Then I fell in love with you. So you are way ahead of all of us! Now who is going to get the tarp from the garage? I need to clean this shit up. My munchkins will not know what happened. He's always been a thorn in my side."

  Sara went to put up her gun and get her cleaning supplies. I went to get the tarp. I called the bar. I knew that Road Dawg was tending bar.

  "Black Jack's!"

  "Hey, its Viking. Does my grandfather have any men in the bar?"

  "Yeah. Two."

   "Keep a close eye on them. Their employer just died."

  "Really?! I'm assuming it was natural causes."

  "Yep! Harming a child will naturally cause a bullet between the eyes."

  "I knew something was up. One of the guys tried getting into the apartment. While the other sat and watered Sara's plant with his beer."

  "Do we have eyes outside?"

  "Yeah, but nobody has been out there. At least not yet."

  "Alright, we aren't going to be home tonight. Just set the alarm when you lock up."