12

Amberlyn's pov ***

I watch my man go to the bathroom.... naked! Forget bouncing a quarter off his ass. I want to put my hands on that tight ass!

My phone rings and I answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey, sister! How are you feeling?" Sara asked. I need to save her number.

"Hey! I'm good, a little sore, but I'll survive. Thanks for letting me borrow Paxton yesterday."

"No problem! He was happy to help. I just wish that you didn't need his help. Do you know why your father did that?"

"No idea. He was talking about putting Ashton, Jackson, and Carlton in prison for kidnapping me and killing me. If I was to guess, it would be because I'm with Ashton. He kept bringing him up."

"That sounds plausible. Are you going to work today?"

"No, Ash wants me to stay home and rest. So that is what I'm doing." I paused for a moment. "I was scared, Sara. But I won't tell Ash that. He has enough to worry about. He doesn't need me to add to it."

"That is how I feel about Pax. Now let me give you some advice. Tell him how you were feeling. Always communicate your feelings. It will show Ashton that you trust him whole heartedly. Then he will know for a fact that you are committed to him one hundred percent. That is something that I struggled with at first. Then we almost split up and it almost killed me. I didn't think that he trusted me and he demanded my trust. I will always and forever let my husband know what I feel. Paxton tells me how he feels too. I demand it from him."

"I hadn't thought about it like that. It has always been just me. Even when we were together in high school. I hid my feelings. I guess that I didn't want to drive people away. Thanks for the advice, Sara! I will do that."

"You feel better now, don't you?" I can hear the smile in her voice.

"I do!" I was smiling too. "Is this what its like having a sister?"

"I hope so! I was an only child of an only child. So I never even had cousins. And I didn't have brothers until I was twenty years old."

"I have cousins, but my aunts keep their families away from my parents and me. Go figure!"

We talked for a few minutes longer. Sara hung up when her family started waking up and demanded her attention.

I go to the kitchen and start breakfast. Ashton comes and hugs me from behind. "Very domestic! I like the way you look in my kitchen, in our bed, living room, and bathroom."

"I'm so glad that you like it. I love being with you. No matter where it is." I dish up the eggs and bacon. I grab the biscuits from the oven and put the gravy in a bowl. "Ready to eat, baby?"

"Yes I am! But let me eat some breakfast first. I'm going to need my energy.

We laugh as we fill our plates. We make small talk until we finish eating. Ashton insists on washing the dishes. I go to the kitchen to watch him.

"Ashton... I was so scared last night. I was scared that you wouldn't be able to find me before they raped and killed me. That Scott would make trouble for you and the family. But mostly, I was scared that I would never see you, or hold you again." I took a deep breath and looked up at him to see him looking at me. "I'm so sorry for causing you problems. And for not being stronger for you."

We just sat there looking at each other. Then he stepped to me. I flew into his arms. "You are a very strong woman. That is strong enough for me. Thank you for trusting me! I love you, Amberlyn Green! We will get married next week!"