7

I wake up and open my eyes. Ashton is staring at me. I don't see any thoughts in his eyes. I try to get up, but his arms are around me tightly. "Where are you going?" He asked as he held me.

  "Apparently no where. Including the bathroom." His arms loosened. I got up and took care of business. When I came back into the bedroom, Ashton was gone. I went into the livingroom and found him alone.  "What do you want to eat?"

  "I would imagine that Sara is probably cooking something. They are out there anyway." He paused and took a deep breath, then released it again. "You're staying here. You're father will probably try to have me arrested. What are your thoughts on that?"

  "I'm wondering what the statute of limitations is on attempted murder and aiding the rape of your minor child. I'm also curious if that would constitute as child abuse to orchestrate your daughter's rape. If he comes after you, he will meet the resistance of me. I stand behind you one hundred percent, Ashton."

  "I still love you, Amberlyn. I've never stopped. But it has grown over the years, from a teenage love, to adult love. A forever love. I won't be hurt again. Understand?"

  I knelt at his feet as he sat on the sofa. "I completely understand, Ashton. I am your's until the day after my death. I promise to never give you a reason to doubt me, or hurt you. You have my heart, mind, and soul. I love you!"

    Ashton picked me off the floor and kissed me like his life depended on it. My bones melted. I will finally have my soulmate! My tears of joy leak down my cheeks.

  Ashton leans his forehead against mine. "Finally!"

  "Yes, finally! Now I can love you and take care of you as you have me. I will make you happy, Ashton. I promise!"

  "That's a promise that I will hold you to. But I have to warn you. My life can get crazy. With my work, I have to be able to pick up and go at a moments notice. I have to dabble on the illegal side a little. It's all an act, but I have to be cruel some times."

  "Is Sara undercover too?" I asked curiously.

  Ashton chuckled and shook his head. "No! She's too hot headed. Our boss would probably try to run the missions, but Sara would take them over and do it her way. She would definitely cause more trouble!"

  His phone rang. "Yeah?"

  "Lunch is ready and grandpapa is on his way."

  "We'll be there in a minute." He hung up. "Are you ready to face them? My grandpapa is coming too. Don't let him stress you. It will be a test. I think that Sara has taught him some limits."

  "I can see her doing that." I smiled as I stood. "She is a strong force."

  Ashton grabs my hand as we open the door and go out into the bar. We are surrounded by laughter and excited chatter.

  "Uncle Ashy! Grandpapa is coming for a visit!" Brenna said suddenly launching herself at Ashton's legs.

  "That's what I heard." He scoops her into his arms.

  "Are you better now?" She asked her uncle seriously. Framing his face with her tiny hands.

  "I am much better, sweetheart. Did I scare you?" He asked. I could tell that he was tense for the answer.
   ********************
Ashton's pov ***

  I wake up with a headache. I always have one after an episode. This time though, I see Amberlyn as soon as I open my eyes. So I guess the past twenty-four hours was true.

  My God! She's so fuckin beautiful! My heart hurts. I get up and take some aspirin. I stand and watch her sleep for a moment. Then I lay back down and hold her close.