epilogue

10 years later***

   "Mom, dad wants to know if you are still working. So, are you?" Camden asks as he comes into the office.

  "I'm finished with work, honey. But I'm on the phone with auntie Sara. Is there something specific that he is wanting?"

  "Serenity has a dirty diaper.... again."

  "Tell daddy that I'm on the phone, please."

  "Ok mom!" He ran to do as I ask.

    I chuckled as I return to my call. "Your brother still doesn't like changing diapers."

  "Well you would think that he would stop getting you pregnant if he doesn't want to change a few diapers. I mean seriously! Four kids and he can't wash a butt?"

  I laughed with her. "I know! Hell, if I had to gain all the weight, gain the stretch marks, go through labor, the least thag he can do is change diapers."

  "Amen, sister! At least I got Pax trained on the munchkins. I didn't have to go through that with Trista."

  "Yes well, your brothers are more stubborn than Paxton. Cassandra can't get Carlton to change any diapers! I told her to divorce his stubborn ass."

  "I know! She always says that since he is the breadwinner, it is her job to keep the house and family in order. She even refuses to make him do the dishes! All my hard work went down the drain!"

  "Well if that is what makes her happy. She can do it that way. Hopefully she will start cleaning soon. It kills me to think that Car and Anderson living in that filth. Crazy as hell to me. But we are all different."

  We talked for a few more minutes until she had to go start dinner. I went to do the same. We had the house built after we found out that I was pregnant with Camden. The apartment is too small for a family. Doc lives in it now. He has retired from the agency.

  Ashton meets me at the door to the kichen. "You did that on purpose didn't you? You stayed on the phone so that I would have to change the twins shitty diapers." He accused me.

  "Well I didn't know that Ashlyn had a dirty one too. Sorry, baby!" I kissed him quickly.

  "So when can we start potty training them? They are eighteen months old."

  "Not for another year at least. Be real!" I hit his shoulder playfully.

  "Didn't Harper start at like a year old?" I laughed out loud. He acted offended.

  "Your son is still in diapers at night. And he is almost three and a half! Get over it, Ash."

  "Well Carlton doesn't change diapers or do dishes."

  "Then move in with him." I replied the same way every time he says that.

  "Hell no! I love my life! Besides, you have already said that you won't live there with me. I can't and won't live without you. You are my life! I love you, baby! More than life itself." Ashton pulls me to his body. Then he kisses me deeply, just like I like it. When he pulls back, he is wearing his signature smile. "Dad will be here for dinner. He said he wants a real meal."

  "Then I guess I need to get busy cooking. Is Emma coming with him?"

  "Probably. They are hardly ever apart. I think that she can actually cook, but she chooses not too. That way they can eat at all of our houses and spend time with all the grandkids."

  "I'm so glad that he is able to do his half marathons again! Last year he had the flu and it upset him that he had to miss it."

  "Yeah, since he regained his leg strength, he has been totally unstoppable. I'm proud of him and his hard work."