13

I was told that a few of my closest contacts are the only numbers in the phone. My new computer and laptop will only unlock with my fingerprints. Ashton and I program it quickly. I was instructed to send my contacts, a text with my name. That way they will have my number.

  "Any questions?" Jackson asked.

   I looked through the contacts as he asked that. "Yes! If only the people at this table are to know about this, why is Viper in my contacts?" I look up at Jackson. He seems surprised at this.

  "I have brought Viper in on it. He will be her contact for research projects." He looks at me. "If you are researching something and Bull or Viking are not available for your questions, call Viper. That is your order of command. After Jackson and myself, of course."

   I nod. "How do y'all know that I am qualified for this job?"

  "Do you think that we haven't been researching you? Do you think that we don't know about your education? We know everything that you have done since birth."

  "Well then! My only remaining question is for you Ashton." We looked into each other's eyes. He was an open book, at least right now. "Was all of this why you started up our friendship in high school?"

  "No! I would never betray you like that." He answered truthfully and immediately. I smiled my releif.

  "That is what I thought. But I had to make sure." He nodded his head once. "Wow! This is a lot to take in so fast."

  "We are all here for you, Amberlyn. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask." Paxton told me.

  "I need to get going. You will have your first assignment Monday. I will send you the file. Only Jackson, Bull, and I, have your email address." Smith left.

  "Alrighty then, I'm about to text you guys." I sent the texts.

  Viper came in the back door. He checked his phone as he sat down and I knew that it was from me. "Congratulations, Amberlyn!" He said with a slight British accent.

  "Thank you Viper."

  Jackson's phone rang. He chuckled as he answered. "Yes, we are finished, Sara."

  The apartment door opens and the munchkins come running out. Carson climbs into my lap and quickly falls asleep. Ashton leans over to me and whispers in my ear. "Are you ok with this? It isn't too late for you to back out if you aren't comfortable."

  "Are you ok with it?"

  "Yes I am. I just want the best for you. If this is what you want to do. I will support you a hundred percent."

  "Then it is what I want to do. It just really feels right. Like it is fate. The same way I feel about you." Ashton smiled his beautiful, sexy smile.

  He kisses me tenderly. "We should start talking wedding. I'm ready to get married today!"

  "Yes well, I would prefer not to have a black eye when we marry. That makes for a bad picture."

  "It doesn't look that bad." Ashton replied. I raised an eyebrow. "But we will wait until you have healed."

  "Thank you, baby! We have to get the license anyway, and there is a waiting period for that too."

  "Fuck all that! We're going to Vegas then!"

  "Is all your family able to go to Vegas?" I raised my brow again.

"That's what Pax and Sara did. Without us. We had to watch it on a computer screen."

  "We will go get the license by  Monday afternoon, and marry Saturday."