16

Ashton's pov ***

We made love, even though I just wanted to go hard and heavy. I think that she needed some gentle loving tonight after everything that happened today. She almost broke my heart when she whispered that she just wanted to be happy, on our way home. For that alone, Scott Green and Victor Mueller will die tonight.

After Amberlyn goes to sleep, I ease out of bed. She turns to her side and snuggles a pillow. The sight makes me smile. It always has. I dress quickly and kiss her head. I whisper. "I love you, Amberlyn. Never forget that, baby. Always have, always will." I kiss her head again and leave. Carlton and Paxton will be waiting on me. I make sure to set the alarm.

I get to dad's house and see Paxton crossing the street. Sara waves at me from their porch. I return the wave and smile. "You sure you want to do this?" Paxton asked me as we walk into the house.

"You don't know how much I want, no, I need to do this." Dad and Carlton are in the living room. "Hey dad! Carlton!" I hug dad. He is looking better each day, I notice.

"Son!" He returns.

We sit down. "After we left Amberlyn's office today she had a visitor. Scott Green went to see her. He told her that she was going to come back to him and do as he tells her. Or he would kill her after killing me, dad, Carlton, and the munchkins. That he was going to rape and kill Sara. This bastard has got to be stopped! Amberlyn is upset about all of this. All we want to do is be happy."

"Is she ok?" Dad asked.

"Yes, but she will be great after these pricks are dead. I lost her once. I won't do that again."

"Do we know where these two are?" Paxton asked.

"Their locations are on the computer. They are both at home. Scott bailed out of jail about an hour ago. He went straight home and hasn't moved." Dad's phone rang. He laughed. "You got me." He answered on speaker.

"Hey bossman! I have tapped into Scott's security cameras. Would that help the guys?" We heard Amberlyn say.

Everyone of us laughed. "Baby, I thought that you were asleep."

"No, I wasn't. Are you mad at me?"

"No I'm not. You're awesome! So you can actually see that he is at home?"

"Yes. He is eating ice cream in his pajamas in the den. He is actually trying to look up you on the internet."

"Sounds like we should get over there and answer his questions. I will have you on Bluetooth once we get there. That way if anything changes, or we are in danger, you can tell us. Are you ok with that?"

"Yes. I want to make sure that he is dead and can't hurt my family again." She answers.

"99, are you prepared to watch a man who is blood related to you die?" Dad asked.

"Yes, sir! He has only caused trouble, pain, and heartache for me. It is time for his reign of terror to end. No father would ever cause as much pain for their child. He isn't a dad, or father. He's a tyrant who needs to be stopped."

"Ok, 99. He will be stopped. Tonight!" I told her. "Let's go so we can get back home."

"Y'all be careful! I love you all!"

"We all love you too, 99!"

"I will also try to hack into Mueller's security."

"You are fuckin awesome!" I tell her. We tell dad bye as we get up to leave.

Then we all wave at Sara as we get into the jeep.

We make good time as we get to Scott's house. I call Amberlyn on my earpiece. "Hey!" She answers.