11

I dialed Ashton's phone again. It went to voicemail. I left him a message.

  "Hey, Ashton. I know that you won't get this until you are not working. I just want to tell you that I think that I am being followed. It is a dark blue or black Chevy Tahoe. Texas plates, but I can't make out the number. I'm turning on my camera in front and back of my car. Just in case something happens. I'm also putting my phone in the back of my waistband, in case you need to track me. Unless they find it." The time for the message was up and cut me off.

  I dialed again as I took my exit. "I'm exiting the interstate now. So is the Tahoe. I'm about fifteen minutes away, but the Tahoe is coming closer. He is passing me. Now he's slowing down." I give him the license plate number. "Oh fuck! He's got a gun pointed at me! I don't know who it is!"

  The man opens my door and orders me out. "I love you, Ashton!" He notices my Bluetooth in my ear and jerks it out. Then he throws it back in the car. He orders me into the Tahoe. "Get in and don't open your fuckin mouth." I nod my head.

  A blindfold is put on my eyes and he ties my hands behind me. I know that we went straight then made a right turn. After a few more turns, I'm lost. After a while, we stop and I'm ordered out of the car. He grabs a handful of hair and my arm as he drags me forward.

  We go into a house or building and I'm forced into a chair. "Give me your hands!" I turn a little so he can untie them.

  "Sit against the back of the chair!" I did so. He took my hands and tied them to the chair on each side of me. I hear another man in the room.

  "Who are you and what do you want?" I ask them, trying to get some type of answer. All I get is silence. "What do you want?" I ask louder.

  "Oh shut up, Amberlyn! I'm tired of hearing your voice!" Greg said from behind me. He tried to disguise his voice by whispering. But I know his voice from anywhere.

  "What do you want from me? I have no money, or family." I hear tape being unrolled. Then I felt it across my mouth. Effectively shutting me up. I hear a door shut. Then footsteps walking away. I start trying to get my hands loose. He had tied them tightly.

  A thought occurs to me. Maybe I can get the blindfold off and look around for something to use on the ropes.

Since my legs are not tied, I raise my knee. I start rubbing the side of my face on my knee. It works! I can now see that I'm in a room with a twin sized bed and the chair that I'm sitting in. Nothing else. The only window in the room has the blinds closed. There is enough light to see everything around me. It looks like I may be here a while.

  After hours of sitting here trying to loosen the ropes, all I did was give myself rope-burn. I also got my phone out to where I might be able to record as much as possible.

   It was dark outside when the door opens again. Scott Green walks in as if he has all the time in the world. He smiles at me when he sees that I don't have the blindfold or tape on my face.

  I try to bring up my video camera by memory.

  "Should have known that you can't follow simple instructions like sit there and shut up." He said snidely with a smirk.

  "Number one, I  can't exactly do anything other than just sit here. Number two, nobody told me to leave the blindfold or tape on." I replied as sarcastically as I could.

  Scott backhanded me. I now have a busted lip.

  "Ashton will make you pay for that."

  "No he won't. Little Ashton can't find you from jail. He has probably been trying to call you and only getting your voicemail. You know that I have powerful connections." He grinned.