━━━━ [ O N E ] new beginnings

Lorelei arrived at Pinegrove without a single clue of where she was. The only important thing was that, wherever she was, must be away from home. The wagon ride to this strange, small, and dirty looking town was bumpy, uncomfortable, and downright filthy. Her traveling dress was torn, unwashed, and speckled with blood—some not even her own. 

"Where the hell am I?" she demanded as the man who was driving the wagon held out a single hand to help her out. She refused his offer and stumbled out herself. 

"Pinesgrove," said the man with a toothy grin. You gave me ten gold, so this is as far as I take you. Good day, ma'am." And with a curt bow of his long brown hat, he was off on his horse-drawn wagon. Lorelei forced herself to not gag as she stepped into the town ignoring the folks flashing wide smiles her way. She wasn't sure what time it was or even what day it was, so she resorted to finding one thing familiar: alcohol. 

Cedric arrived at Pinesgrove not that long after as he searched for a man from his past named Avarice. He was tired, but thankful to have reached this small town. He had traveled for weeks without money to afford a ride, and he barely could find work to feed himself. His feet hurt like hell, but he wouldn't complain. As he walked through the cobblestone streets that looked rather old, he found himself thinking of home and an ache pulled at his heart. Pinesgrove looked now to be about the same size as his hometown, but Whitpharr was months of travel away from here. He shook off the ache in his chest as best he could and searched for the tavern to grab some food. 

Calypso arrived at Pinesgrove nearly two months before. Fleeing far from the coast, she searched for a landlocked city or kingdom, stealing maps and such to find the perfect area to lay low. It wasn't long before she set her sights on the small city, and soon she found herself hiding in the alleys and on roofs just as she had done in other cities. But her act of stealth didn't last very long. Pinesgrove was so small that she couldn't blend in nearly as much as she wanted to. Her race didn't aid much either. But instead of what she was used to in small cities (pitchforks, arrows flying to her chest, shouting of demons and devils), Calypso found the townsfolk of Pinesgrove to be...charming. They found an interest in her infernal ancestry, but did not label her as a sort of evil because of it. The townspeople took their time to learn about her, as much as she would allow them to know, and soon most everyone in the city knew her name. 

"Good morning, Calypso!" many would call in the early mornings as she went out to buy bread, and she would smile. Her smiles were so rare then. She even found herself becoming friends with the band of children living in the orphanage. Dare she say she was growing attached to this tiny town. She began to remember the people who so warmly accepted her into their numbers, that it was very easy to pick out a disheveled redheaded woman storming directly to the bar, and a familiar clink! of coin hidden on this woman's person made Calypso's ears perk and her fingers twitch. Calypso hadn't stolen in a long while since her arrival at Pinesgrove, but she wasn't going to let up an opportunity to steal from a woman who looked like a bitch.